GAOTek Vibration Meter with Good Accelerometer (Vibration Measure) is designed for site vibration measurement for all rotating machines with wide frequency range of acceleration mode from10 Hz to 10 kHz. It displays the parameters of acceleration, velocity, and displacement simultaneously.This GAOTek Vibration meter has a high quality accelerometer for repeatable and accurate measurements. This vibration meter is used in commissioning, quality control, and predictive maintenance purposes. It provides USB/RS-232 data output to connect to PC to download the data for further analysis.
- Can display the parameters of displacement, velocity, and acceleration simultaneously.
- In accordance with ISO 2954, used for periodic measurements, to detect out-of-balance, misalignment and other mechanical faults in rotating machines.
- Specially designed for easy on-site vibration measurement of all rotating machinery for quality control, commissioning, and predictive maintenance purposes.
- Individual high-quality accelerometer for accurate and repeatable measurements.
- Wide frequency range (10 Hz ~10 kHz) in acceleration mode.
- Optional headphones for use as an electronic stethoscope.
- Bearing condition monitoring function.
- Use USB/RS-232 data output to connect to PC.
- Provide Bluetooth data output choice.
|Acceleration||0.1 m/s2 ~ 400 m/s2, 0.3 ft/s2 ~1312 ft/s2, 0.0 g ~ 40 g Equivalent Peak|
|Velocity||0.01 mm/s ~ 400 mm/s, 0.004 in/s~16.0 in/s True RMS|
|Displacement||0.001 mm ~ 4.0 mm 0.04 mil~160.0 mil Equivalent Peak-peak|
|Acceleration||10 Hz ~ 10 kHz|
|Velocity||10 Hz ~ 1 kHz|
|Displacement||10 Hz ~ 1 kHz|
|Accuracy||5% of Reading+2 digits|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F ~ 122 °F (0 ºC ~ 50 ºC)|
|Operating Humidity||<90% RH|
|Power Supply||2×1.5 V AA (UM-3) Battery|
|Dimensions||5.11 in x 2.99 in x 1.25 in (130 mm x 76 mm x 32 mm)|
|Weight||0.74 lbs (340 g) (without Batteries)|
- Main Unit
- Piezoelectric Transducer
- Powerful Rare Earth Magnet
- Probe (Cone) & Probe (Spherical)
- Carrying Case
- Manual Book
- RS-232C Data Cable with Software
- Bluetooth Data Adapter with Software
Front Panel Descriptions
|3-1||RS-232 data line jack|
|3-3||Peak hold key|
|3-8||Unit conversion key|
|3-9||Vol control keys|
- Connect the Accelerometer to the input connector and turn it until the connector locks in position.
- Mount the accelerometer at the measurement point using the powerful magnet supplied, ensuring that the mounting surface is clean and flat, or use direct stud (M5) mounting if this is available.
- Depress the power key and release to power on the meter.
- Each time the Function key is depressed and released quickly, the meter will step to the next vibration measurement parameter with the corresponding unit showing on the display.
- Each time the Metric/Imperial key is depressed and released quickly, the measurement unit will be changed to the other measurement system.
- When several machinery or bearings are used under the same operating conditions, evaluation can be carried out by listening to the audio signals to determine changes. This method will help to locate the defective machinery or bearing quickly. Measure all machines at the same points and compare the results. The sound volume can be adjusted by Sound key. There are 8 levels from 1 to 8. Every time depressing and releasing the sound key quickly, the sound level will increase by The larger the sound level number, the louder the listening sound.
Which Parameters Should be measured?
- Acceleration, velocity, and displacement are the three tried and tested parameters, which give accurate and repeatable results.
- Acceleration is normally measured in m/s² peak (meters per second squared) or ft/s², has excellent high-frequency measurement capabilities and is therefore very effective for determining faults in bearings or gearboxes.
- Velocity is the most commonly used vibration parameter. It is used for vibration severity measurements in accordance with ISO 2372, BS 4675 or VDI 2056, which are guidelines for acceptable vibration levels of machinery in different power categories. Velocity is typically measured in cm/s or in/s RMS (centimeters or millimeters per second).
- Displacement is typically used on low- speed machines because of its good low-frequency response and is relatively ineffective when monitoring bearings. Units are over a period of time, the resulting graph shows the progress or deterioration of a particular machine.
- Typically this will have the general shape shown in the diagram below, regardless of the type of machine being considered. For a short time after installation, whether it is a new or a repaired machine, vibration levels may fall slightly as the machine is run in, followed by a long period of unchanging levels during the machine’s normal operating lifetime. Then comes a period of rising levels as machine parts wear out prior to failure. Such a trend enables the maintenance engineer to predict the time of failure and maximize use of the machine while ordering spares and planning it’s maintenance at a time convenient to the production schedule.
- When the battery symbol appears on the display, it is time to replace the battery.
- Slide the Battery Cover away from the instrument and remove the battery.
- Install batteries paying careful attention to polarity.
Rank of machine vibration (ISO 2372)
|Vibration Amplitude||Machine sort|
V rms (mm/s)
- Class I is small motor (powerless than 15 kW). Class II is medium motor (power between 15 kW ~75 kW). Class III is high power motor (hard base). Class IIII is high power motor (stretch base)
- A, B, C, D are vibration Rank. “A” means good, “B” means satisfying, “C” means not satisfying, “D” means forbidden. Vibration velocity should be taken from the three perpendicular axes on the motor shell.
ISO/IS2373 Motor quality standard according to as vibration velocity
|H: high of shaft (mm)
Maximum vibration velocity (rms)
Limit of rank “N” is suitable for a common motor. When the request is higher than that in the table, limit can be gotten by dividing the limit of rank ‘S’ with 1.6 or multiples of 1.6.
The maximum vibration of the motor that power larger than 1 horsepower.
For AC motor, rev is maximum synchronous rev. For DC motor, it is maximum power rev. For motor in series, it is work rev.
The maximum vibration of high power induction drive motor.