Radiation meters also known as survey meters are portable radiation detection device used to check personnel, equipment, and facilities for radioactive contamination. They provide radiation measurements across a wide variety of applications. Radiation meter can perform from gamma radiation surveys to measuring alpha and beta. They can also be used to measure external or ambient ionizing radiation field to assess the direct exposure hazard.
GAOTek developed advanced radiation meters that are high quality, affordable, and accurate. They are very versatile instruments for detecting radioactive contamination. We have a wide variety selection of radiation meters with the simplest operation. With precise measurements, we ensure that you will be satisfied when using our products.
GAOTek radiation meters are the best when it comes to quality and high accuracy readings. The process can be done in an effective and efficient way with GAOTek various types of radiation meters.
A radiation meter is composed of different parts that are used to detect the radiation and help users to navigate easier on the device. The list below are the components of a radiation meter.
· Detector or probe - Is the device which produces electrical signals when exposed to radiation. A window is usually present through which radiation can penetrate its cavity.
· Dial or readout - Is the gauge which indicates the amount of radiation exposure present. It has often two scales mR/hr and/or CPM. The selector switch is basically a switch to turn the meter on-off, to check the batteries of the meter, and/or selects a scale multiplier.
· Ionization Chamber – Used to describe detectors that collect all the charges created by direct ionization within the gas through the application of an electric field.
· Proportional Counter – Is a kind of gaseous ionization detector device that is used to measure particles of ionizing radiation.
· Reset Button - Allows the meter reading to be zeroed. When the level of radiation or the number of counts exceeds the highest reading at a scale multiplier, switch the scale multiplier to a higher range and push the reset button. This causes the readout needle to reset to zero so the user can accurately determine the count rate.
· Response Button - adjusts the response time of the meter. When this switch is on “F” the meter will have a faster response but, the meter readings will be less steady. For routine work set the response button to the slow mode “S”.
· Speaker - is an audible device connected to the radiation monitor. It may be located both outside or inside the meter and it may have its own battery. The speaker is in-line with the detector so each count produces an audible click on the speaker.
GAOTek radiation meter offer a lot of key features that are helpful in operating the device easily and for an accurate reading.
· The on-off control is a toggle function. Pressing the on/off key will turn the device on or off. If the hygrometer is left on with no activity for a period of time, a unit will turn itself off to conserve the battery.
· A low battery indicator is also included. A weak battery can cause imprecise measurements or improper operation. A low battery indicator is provided on the display to show that the battery needs to be recharged. It is required to charge the battery to make sure that you get the best results in the device.
· Automatic zeroing, automatic ranging and automatic back-illumination facilities
· A variable response time and a large memory to store the data
· An option of both modes of operation, rate and integrate
· An analog that displays marked in conventional (exposure/air karma) or ‘personal dose equivalent’ or ‘ambient dose equivalent’ units
· An audio indication of radiation levels (through the ‘chirp’ rate)
· A resettable/non-resettable alarm facility with adjustable alarm levels
· Flashing LEDs for a visual indication of radiation
· Remote operation and display of readings.
In addition to all these features, our products have a high precision of measurements, high resolution, and quick sampling speed. More importantly, our products are also affordable when it comes to your budget. You can have many options to choose from with all the various kinds of radiation meters manufactured by our company.
Radiation meter is used in different fields. Making sure that certain places are not too much expose to radiation. Application of radiation meter includes:
· Personnel safety while working with ionizing radiation sources
· First responders
· Customs and security services
· For wide range of specialists whose work includes solving problems of beta radiation and local gamma and sources detection or single objects contaminated by gamma and/or beta radiation sources
· Civil defense
· Emergency services
Too much radiation exposure can cause harmful effects in a human body. The radiation meter is a helpful device to make sure that such industries can be monitored at all times to avoid radiation sickness.
Showing all 8 results
Radiation Meter with Data Lock (Dual-Mode Measure)ID: GT00WG00ZZ Call for Quote
Light Weight Radiation Meter (X, γ and Hard-β Rays)ID: GT00WG00ZV Call for Quote
Radiation Meter with Failure Detection (Geiger-Muller Count)ID: GT00WG00ZY Call for Quote
Radiation Meter with 3 Channel (Sound Alarm, GM Counter)ID: GT00WG00ZT Call for Quote
Radiation Meter with 5 Channel (3 Alarms, Data Record)ID: GT00WG00ZU Call for Quote
Radiation Meter with Failure Detection (Low Energy)ID: GT00WG00ZS Call for Quote
Radiation Meter with Wide Measuring Range (Data Storage)ID: GT00WG00ZW Call for Quote
Radiation Meter with Wide Measuring Range, (High Speed)ID: GT00WG00ZX Call for Quote