GAOTek flaw detectors examine a material by making sound waves at high frequency to pass through the material and are for sale to the United States, Canada and globally. They are used for applications that require ultrasonic testing. Our flaw detectors are affordable high quality devices that provide accurate detection for easy testing and monitoring. They are compact, easy to carry and portable devices that allow the user to work in complex conditions and circumstances.
Flaw detectors are commonly used in ultrasonic testing applications. The detector emits high frequency sound waves when a flaw is detected. These waves are reflected and generate clear echo patterns. Ultrasonic testing is a non-destructive testing method, and is a safe testing method widely used in industries that heavily employ metal wielding in their production such as manufacturing.
The concept of ultrasonic flaw detection is demonstrated when a sound wave vibrates through a solid, liquid or gaseous medium, the waves pass through the medium in a predictable direction. It transmits back signals once they get bumped onto a medium. A few important terms related to wave travel through different media are:
- Velocity – The speed and direction of sound travel in a medium. It is affected by the thickness of the medium.
- Frequency – Sound waves vacillate at a specific frequency. Sound frequencies in the range of megahertz do not travel efficiently through gases, although they can freely travel in liquid and solid materials.
- Wavelength – This is the distance between two subsequent points in a wave cycle as it travels through a medium.
- Modes of propagation – Sound waves in solid media can exist in various modes of propagation. Common modes employed in ultrasonic flaw detection include longitudinal waves and shear waves. The distance a wave travels depends on the material it passes through. Hard and homogenous materials allow a sound wave to pass easily as compared to soft, heterogeneous or granular materials. Three factors control the distance a sound wave travels in a medium - beam spreading, attenuation, and scattering.
Modern flaw detectors are compact and portable instruments with a microprocessor. Commonly used in shop and field applications, they display an easy-to-read ultrasonic waveform that can be understood by a trained operator to analyze and detect the flaws in test pieces. They typically consist of a data logging module, a software for capturing signal analysis, waveform display, and an ultrasonic pulse recorder and receiver.
Echo patterns from echo responses representing flaws can be identified by utilizing the appropriate standards, accepted test procedures, and knowledge of sound propagation. Standards used in ultrasonic flaw detection are namely straight beam testing and angle beam testing.
Although modern ultrasonic flaw detectors widely used today are more efficient as they employ digital processing for more accuracy, stability and reliability, analog based detectors are still in production and use in many applications.
GAOTek flaw detectors are reliable, accurate, and easy to use. Their features include:
- Automated calculation - calculate the magnitude of a flaw with wide button type AVG function
- 500 independence setup - Any criterion can be input freely. They can work in the scene without test block
- Li battery - can be used continuously for more than 10 hours
- Case – A dedicated wind and dust cover makes our devices durable and convenient to use
- Injection mold tank – can resist wear, fall off, and corrosion
- Uni case - High-capacity measuring accessories in a transparent case for visibility and ease of use
- Aerobatic buoyancy compensation and bound of density function setting
- Function of setting actual water temperature, medium density, and water proof medium density
- Function of solution compensation. This is necessary if a liquid other than water is used as a medium for measurement
- Automatic sensor – A sensor analyzes whether the sample is qualified or not, and prompts alarm
- These devices can be used in metallurgy, magnetic materials, ceramics, fireproofing materials, precious metal and so on
- Percentage display – They display the percentage composition of mixed samples to offer more convenience in researching and developing new materials
- Simple operation with no need to open and close the lid
- Short time for detection as per the specification of new materials laboratory
- Background color selection
- Adjustable display brightness
- Compact and lightweight making them flexible to use in complex conditions
- Offline and online charging
- Microsoft Excel support
- High-speed capture and very low noise level
- Automated echo degree
- Automatic display flaw detection
- Big memory of 1000 A graph
- Automatic calibration of transducer zero offset/velocity
- DAC, AVG, TCG, B Scan, Solid metal housing (IP65)
Flaw detectors are commonly used in metals and alloys. They can also be used for solid objects such as wood, composite, and concrete. They are used in applications such as aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, production process, steel and metal construction, metallurgy, transportations, and welding.
Showing all 30 results
Flaw Detector Signal Processor (Transfer Inspection Data)ID: GT00XY00ZC USD Call for Quote
Flaw Detector with 100 PULSER Action (Real-Time Sampling)ID: GT00XY00ZG USD Call for Quote
Flaw Detector with High Performance Battery (Low Error Rate)ID: GT00XY00ZD USD Call for Quote
Flaw Detector with Li Battery (100 Independent Setup)ID: GT00XY00Z7 USD Call for Quote
This portable industrial Flaw Detector with Li Battery (100 Independent Set up) is used to diagnose defects such as crack, inclusion and pinholes in a workpiece and can be used continuously up to 8 hours.
Flaw Detector with Lock and Unlock Function (Gate and DAC alarm)ID: GT00XY00ZK USD Call for Quote
Flaw Detector with RS232 and USB Port (Embedded Software)ID: GT00XY00ZJ USD Call for Quote
Flaw Detector with Signal Processing (Varied Pulser Function)ID: GT00XY00ZH USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with Signal Processing (Varied Pulser Function) is designed to test thin materials using spike pulser with low, middle and high choices of pulse energy upto 1000 Hz frequency.
GAOTek Flaw Detector with 100 Independent Setup (3 Staff Gauge)ID: GT00XY00ZA USD Call for Quote
This ‘Flaw Detector with 100 Independent Setup (3 Staff Gauge)’ is used to rapidly inspect, locate, evaluate and diagnose various defects in a work piece without destruction and has automated switch with 3 staff gauge.
GAOTek Ultrasonic Flaw Detector (Narrowband and Broadband Filter)ID: GT00XY00Z1 USD Call for Quote
This Ultrasonic Flaw Detector (Narrowband and Broadband Filter) is designed to resist the severe environment and it features an adjustable echo signal filter in which each individual advantage of narrowband and broadband can be achieved.
GAOTek Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with DAC Curve (Warning Function)ID: GT00XY00YY USD Call for Quote
This Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with DAC Curve (Warning Function) is designed to resist the severe environment by warning function in the form of an afferent echo/lost wave alarm.
Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with Display Freeze Echo FunctionID: GT00XY00YX USD Call for Quote
This portable Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with Display Freeze Echo Function is designed for harsh environment and its display freeze feature catches waveform and sound path data to measure the echo-wave parameters.
GAOTek Solid Density Meter with Standard Accessories (Alarm)ID: GT00WI00ZX USD Call for Quote
This Solid Density Meter with Standard Accessories (Alarm) is designed to easily and precisely determine the density of materials in the range from 0.0001 g/cm3 to 99.9999 g/cm3.
Ultrasonic Flaw Detector (Flaw Position, Auto Gain)ID: GT00XY00ZO USD Call for Quote
Ultrasonic Flaw Detector (Real-time Clock, Display Freeze)ID: GT00XY00ZN USD Call for Quote
This Ultrasonic Flaw Detector (Real-time Clock, Display Freeze) is designed for the hostile site environment and can be used to locate the flaws from the solid waveform display with data storage of up to 1000 data sets.
Flaw Detector with Two Detection Methods (Free Switching)ID: GT00XY00Z2 USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with Two Detection Methods(Free Switching) is designed to locate, evaluate and diagnose various defects using ultrasonic wave with a frequency range from 0.5MHz to 20MHz and can be used both in field and lab.
Flaw Detector with Auto Calibration Fn (5 Measuring Value)ID: GT00XY00ZM USD Call for Quote
GAOTek Flaw Detector with 32 Flaw Detect Channel (Low-Power)ID: GT00XY00ZI USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with 32 Flaw Detect Channel (Low-Power) is designed using various flaw detection technology and standards which operates in the speed range from 400 m/s ~ 20000 m/s.
Flaw Detector with 3 Staff Gauge (500 Independent Setup)ID: GT00XY00ZL USD Call for Quote
Flaw Detector with Automated Calibration (Metal Housing)ID: GT00XY00ZB USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with Automated Calibration (Metal Housing) is designed to locate, evaluate and diagnose various defects with scanning range of 0 inches to 393.70 inches (0 mm to 10000 mm).
Flaw Detector with Auto Calibration (Spheroidization Rate)ID: GT00XY00Z9 USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with Auto Calibration (Spheroidization Rate) is a high speed flaw detector to locate, evaluate, and diagnose various defects with 28 DGS curves.
GAOTek Flaw Detector with Transducer Calibration (Li Battery)ID: GT00XY00Z3 USD Call for Quote
This portable Flaw D
Flaw Detector with High Scanning Speed (Full Metal Jacket)ID: GT00XY00Z5 USD Call for Quote
GAOTek Flaw Detector with Automatic Calibration (3 Switch Gauge)ID: GAO-UFD-101 USD Call for Quote
This portable Flaw Detector with Automatic Calibration (3 Switch Gauge) can accurately inspect and diagnose various defects (crack, inclusion and pinhole, etc.) in a work piece and comes with an automated 3 switch gauge for measuring depth, level and distance.
GAOTek Flaw Detector with 3 Switch Gauge (Gate and DAC Alarm)ID: GT00XY00Z4 USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with 3 Switch Gauge (Gate and DAC Alarm) Depth d, level p and distance s which supports acoustic optical alarm and is designed to inspect, locate, evaluate and diagnose various defects.
GAOTek Flaw Detector With High Precise (Free Store Data)ID: GT00XY00ZQ USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with High Precise (Free Store Data) is a high speed flaw detector which can be used as non-invasive measurement with an operating frequency range from 0.4 MHz to 15 MHz.
Flaw Detector with High Precise Flaw EchoID: USD Call for Quote
Ultrasonic Flaw Detector With Narrow Band Filters (SNR)ID: GT00XY00ZU USD Call for Quote
GAOTek ultrasonic flaw detector with echo envelop enables to detect the flaw and position located with anti-interference
GAOTek Digital ultrasonic flaw meter(master-slave menu)ID: GT00XY00YU USD Call for Quote
This Digital Ultrasonic Flaw Meter (Master-Slave Menu) is designed with advanced technology digital multicolour TFT LCD with a material velocity in the range from 1000 m/s to 9999 m/s.
Flaw Detector with Three Scale plate (Two-Input Mode)ID: GT00ZG00ZY USD Call for Quote
GAO Tek Thermocouple Calibrator calibrates thermocouple measuring with optional temperature unit select.
GAOTek Flaw Detector with High Anti-jamming (Water Dust-Proof)ID: GT00ZG00ZX USD Call for Quote
This Flaw Detector with High Anti-jamming (Water Dust-Proof) is designed to evaluate, diagnose and inspect several defects in a workpiece without destruction with various measuring ranges.