The agriculture industry encompasses a wide range of activities related to the cultivation and production of crops and livestock for food, fiber, and other products. It is a fundamental sector of the global economy that provides essential resources to sustain human life and various industries.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes referred to as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras have the following applications in agriculture industry:
- Crop Health Monitoring: Infrared cameras can assess the temperature of crops and vegetation. Temperature variations can indicate stress, disease, or inadequate irrigation. Farmers can identify problems early and take corrective actions to maintain crop health.
- Livestock Health: Infrared thermometers and cameras are used to monitor the health of livestock. Elevated body temperatures can be a sign of illness in animals. Farmers can quickly detect feverish conditions in individual animals and quarantine or treat them accordingly.
- Building Inspections: Infrared cameras are used to inspect agricultural buildings, such as barns and storage facilities. They can identify heat leaks, insulation issues, or electrical problems, helping to improve energy efficiency and reduce maintenance costs.
- Soil Temperature Measurement: Infrared thermometers can measure soil temperature at various depths. This data helps farmers determine the optimal time for planting and monitoring soil health. Different crops have specific soil temperature requirements for germination and growth.
- Irrigation Management: Infrared thermometers can assess the temperature of irrigation water. Monitoring the temperature of water sources helps ensure that water is not too hot, which could stress plants or increase evaporation.
- Pest Detection: Infrared cameras can detect the presence of pests in crops or stored grains. Certain pests emit heat, and their activity can be identified through thermal imaging, enabling targeted pest control measures.
- Harvest Timing: Infrared thermometers can be used to monitor the temperature of harvested crops. This can help determine the optimal time for post-harvest processing and storage to maintain product quality.
- Greenhouse Control: Infrared thermometers and cameras are used in greenhouse operations to monitor and control temperature and humidity levels. This ensures optimal growing conditions for plants.
- Livestock Housing: Infrared cameras help farmers assess the thermal comfort of livestock in housing facilities. Proper temperature control is essential for the well-being of animals, especially in extreme weather conditions.
- Disease Surveillance: Infrared cameras can be used for disease surveillance in both crops and livestock. Changes in temperature patterns can indicate the presence of diseases or infections that need immediate attention.
- Fire Detection: Infrared cameras can also be employed for early detection of wildfires on large agricultural properties, allowing for a quicker response to contain potential threats.
More information on infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries can be found on this page.
This category page lists related products
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Agriculture Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our customers comply with the agriculture industry standards such as
- ISO 4866
- ISO 9114
- ISO 11269-1
- ISO 6974-1
- ISO 6976
- ISO 12151-2
- ISO 12647-7
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as
- FDA 21 CFR Part 179 – Irradiation in the Production, Processing, and Handling of Food
- USDA FSIS 9 CFR Part 300 – Rules of Practice
- USDA FSIS 9 CFR Part 307 – Rules of Practice for Adjudicative Proceedings
- USDA FSIS 9 CFR Part 381 – Poultry Products Inspection Regulations
- USDA FSIS 9 CFR Part 416 – Sanitation
- USDA FSIS 9 CFR Part 417 – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- USDA FSIS 9 CFR Part 500 – Rules of Practice
- USDA AMS 7 CFR Part 205 – National Organic Program
- EPA 40 CFR Part 180 – Tolerances and Exemptions for Pesticide Chemical Residues
- OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910 – Occupational Safety and Health Standards (General Industry)
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Regulations
- Canada Agricultural Products Act
- Pest Control Products Act
- Fertilizers Act
- Seeds Act
- Feeds Act
- Health of Animals Act
- Plant Protection Act
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization (CAIS) Program Regulations
- Canadian Dairy Commission Act
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as
- Ley de Sanidad Vegetal (Plant Health Law)
- Ley Federal de Sanidad Animal (Federal Animal Health Law)
- Ley General de Desarrollo Forestal Sustentable (General Law of Sustainable Forest Development)
- Ley Federal de Variedades Vegetales (Federal Law of Plant Varieties)
- Ley de Bioseguridad de Organismos Genéticamente Modificados (Biosecurity Law for Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Ley de Pesca y Acuacultura Sustentables (Sustainable Fishing and Aquaculture Law)
- Ley del Servicio Nacional de Sanidad, Inocuidad y Calidad Agroalimentaria (Law of the National Service for Agro-Food Health, Safety, and Quality)
- Reglamento de la Ley de Sanidad Vegetal (Regulations of the Plant Health Law)
- Reglamento de la Ley Federal de Sanidad Animal (Regulations of the Federal Animal Health Law)
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- EU Regulation (EC) No 178/2002
- EU Regulation (EC) No 396/2005
- EU Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009
- EU Regulation (EC) No 834/2007
- EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004
- EU Regulation (EC) No 853/2004
- EU Regulation (EC) No 854/2004
- EU Regulation (EC) No 882/2004
- EU Regulation (EU) 2019/1090
- EU Regulation (EU) 2016/2031
Case Studies of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras in Agriculture Industry
Infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes called as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
Here are some practical examples of using infrared thermometers & cameras in agriculture industry:
- University Agricultural Departments: Check with agricultural departments at universities in the Northeast region. They may have conducted research or published case studies related to agricultural technology, including infrared technology.
- Government Agricultural Agencies: Contact government agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) or state agricultural departments in the Northeast region. They may have research reports or case studies on agricultural technology applications.
- Agricultural Research Institutions: Look for agricultural research institutions or organizations in the Northeast region. They often publish research findings and case studies related to agricultural practices and technology.
- Agricultural Technology Companies: Infrared technology companies that specialize in agricultural applications may have case studies or whitepapers on their websites showcasing successful implementations.
- Online Agricultural Journals and Publications: Search through online agricultural journals, magazines, and publications for articles or case studies related to the use of infrared thermometers and cameras in agriculture.
- Agricultural Conferences and Seminars: Explore the proceedings of agricultural conferences and seminars held in the Northeast region. These events often feature presentations and case studies on innovative technologies in agriculture.
- Agricultural Cooperative Extension Offices: Cooperative extension offices in the Northeast region may have resources or publications related to agricultural technology adoption and case studies.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC): AAFC conducts research on various aspects of agriculture, and they may have case studies or research publications related to infrared technology in agriculture.
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP): CAP is a federal-provincial-territorial initiative that supports Canadian agriculture. They may have case studies or reports on technology adoption in agriculture.
- University Agricultural Departments: Agricultural departments at Canadian universities often conduct research on agricultural technology. Consider universities like the University of Guelph, McGill University, or the University of Saskatchewan.
- Provincial Agriculture Departments: Each Canadian province has its own agriculture department or ministry. They may publish case studies or reports on agricultural technology adoption within their respective regions.
- Agricultural Research Institutions: Explore research institutions such as the Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI) and the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre for potential case studies and research publications.
- Agricultural Technology Companies: Companies specializing in agricultural technology, such as those providing infrared solutions, often showcase case studies on their websites.
- Agricultural Cooperative Extension Offices: Cooperative extension offices in various Canadian provinces provide resources and information on agricultural practices, which may include case studies on technology adoption.
- Agricultural Associations: Organizations like the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) or provincial agricultural associations may publish case studies or reports related to agricultural technology.
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware , a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in agriculture industry.
Use of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Agriculture Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s infrared thermometers & cameras with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include
- FLIR Tools
- FLIR Thermal Studio
- FLIR Research Studio
- FLIR Atlas SDK
- FLIR Thermal Studio Pro
- FLIR Atlas SDK for MATLAB
- FLIR Atlas SDK for .NET
- FLIR Tools Mobile
- FLIR Tools+ Mobile
- FLIR InSite
- FLIR Thermal Studio Suite
- FLIR Thermal Studio Enterprise
- FLIR Thermal Studio Cloud
- FLIR Thermal Studio Subscription
- FLIR Atlas SDK for Android
- FLIR Atlas SDK for iOS
- FLIR Atlas SDK for Linux
- FLIR Atlas SDK for C++
- FLIR Atlas SDK for Java
- FLIR Atlas SDK for Python
- FLIR Atlas SDK for LabVIEW
- FLIR Atlas SDK for C#
- FLIR Atlas SDK for Xamarin
- FLIR Atlas SDK for Unity
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries are listed on this page.
Other related products can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within the continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in agriculture industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- Cerner Corporation.
- Epic Systems.
- McKesson Corporation.
- PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers).
- IBM Global Business Services.
- Bain & Company.
- BCG (Boston Consulting Group).
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- HCL Technologies.
- DXC Technology.
- Siemens Healthineers Canada.
- Mitel Canada.
- Philips (Netherlands).
GAO Has Many Customers in Agriculture Industry
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in agriculture industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in agriculture industry.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in agriculture industry:
- Hannaford Supermarkets
- C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Cabot Creamery Cooperative
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
- Stonyfield Organic
- Agri-Mark, Inc.
- Perdue Farms
- Land O’Lakes
- Dole Food Company, Inc.
- California Dairies, Inc.
- Nutrien Ltd.
- Agrium Inc. (a subsidiary of Nutrien)
- Richardson International Limited
- Viterra Inc.
- Bunge Canada
- Cargill Limited