What does an Optical Fiber Identifier do?
An Optical Fiber Identifier can be used to detect the existence of a signal on optical fibers. OFIs are attached to a fiber, where they create a safe macro-bend and enable a minor quantity of light to getaway. Units utilise this light to identify the existence of a busy network, test tones or CW signals and specify the direction of the signal.
Types of Optical Fiber Identifiers
- Single Mode
- Plastic Optical Fiber
- Most Commonly Used Material.
- Good For Transmission Of A Wide Range Of Wavelengths.
- Can Be Used At Reasonably High Temperatures.
- Can Be Doped With Various Other Materials.
- Has High Threshold For Damage.
- Heavy Fluoride Glass Has Very Low Attenuation.
- Difficult To Manufacture.
- Poor Resistance To Environmental Factors Such As Moisture.
- Good For Mid Infrared Range (2000-2500 Nm).
- Can Be More Advantageous Over Silica With A High Concentration Of Doping Ions.
- Crystallizes In At Least 4 Different Forms.
- Elements In Group 16 Of The Periodic Table.
- React More With Electropositive Elements.
- Versatile Compounds.
- Can Be Crystalline, Amorphous, Metallic, Or Semi Conducting.
- Can Be Used For Far Infrared Transmissions.
The most important factor at play would be cost. You will need to balance which features you want and are most important to you with which features you are willing to sacrifice. Finding an Optical Fiber Identifier that fits your needs may be difficult, but GAOTek Inc offers many different Fiber Optic Identifiers for any budget.
At GAOTek Inc, the Optical Fiber Identifier offers range from basic, affordable models to high end, advanced models. The Fiber Optic Identifier for sale should satisfy any needs the customer has and more.
If you have any specific needs, GAOTek Inc also offers custom Fiber Optic Identifier with any specification you desire. Feel free to contact GAOTek Inc if you are looking to purchase an Optical Fiber Identifier that does not appear for sale on the website or if you would like to customize a one that is for sale; please feel free to contact us.