What does a Fiber Optic Microscope do?
A Fiber Optic Microscope can be used to inspect any fiber-optic network, including connections to PCs, laptops, mobile devices, and more. If you suspect a connection is compromised, a fiber microscope removes the guesswork.
Types of Fiber Optic Microscopes
- Basic Magnifying Lens: A basic magnifying lens uses a single point for amplification.
- Compound Magnifying Lens: A compound magnifying lens utilizes numerous focal points to improve amplification.
At the push of a button, use your GAOTek Fiber Microscope to certify fiber end-face quality. Effective use of a Fiber Optic Microscope requires correct magnification, evaluation of the right area, and different angles of lighting to showcase all prominent issues. In use by technicians across the US, Canada, and globally, our fiber microscope will give any technician the ability to inspect all kinds of fiber optic errors and terminations.
Factors to Consider
- Battery Life; How long do you require your Fiber Optic Microscope’s battery life to last? Does it feature a low battery indicator?
- Infrared Eye Safety Filter; Vital for safety and protection of eyes when in use.
- Magnification Scopes; Varying sizes of the magnification scopes will enable a wider range of use.
- Display & Image Quality; Do you want a touch screen? Which level of resolution do you require? Too low and an accurate judgement cannot be made; too high of a resolution will emphasize minor issues. Must be chosen carefully.
- Weight & Dimensions
- Most commonly used material.
- Good for transmission of a wide range of wavelengths.
- Can be used at reasonably high temperatures.
- Can be doped with various other materials.
- Has high threshold for damage.
- Heavy fluoride glass has very low attenuation.
- Difficult to manufacture.
- Poor resistance to environmental factors such as moisture.
- Good for mid infrared range (2000-2500 Nm).
- Can be more advantageous over silica with a high concentration of doping ions.
- Crystallizes in at least 4 different forms.
- Elements in group 16 of the periodic table.
- React more with electropositive elements.
- Versatile compounds.
- Can be crystalline, amorphous, metallic, or semi conducting.
- Can be used for far infrared transmissions.
The most important factor at play would be cost. You will need to balance which features you want and are most important to you with which features you are willing to sacrifice. Finding an Optical Fiber Microscope that fits your needs may be difficult, but GAO Tek Inc offers many different Fiber Optic Microscopes for any budget.
At GAO Tek Inc, the Optical Fiber Microscope offers range from basic, affordable models to high end, advanced models. The Fiber Optic Microscopes for sale should satisfy any needs the customer has and more.
If you have any specific needs, GAO Tek Inc also offers custom Fiber Optic Microscopes with any specification you desire. Feel free to contact GAO Tek Inc if you are looking to purchase an Optical Fiber Microscope that does not appear for sale on the website or if you would like to customize a one that is for sale; please feel free to contact us.