The medical and healthcare industry focuses on maintaining, improving, and restoring human health through various products, services, and technologies. It involves patient care, disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Advancements in research, technology, and care practices continually enhance well-being and lifespan. Peristaltic pumps, a specialized positive displacement pump, are commonly used in healthcare due to their gentle and precise pumping action. These pumps use rollers to rhythmically compress a flexible tube, effectively moving fluids.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s Mixed Oscilloscope is sometimes referred to as Digital Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, Mixed Domain Oscilloscope, Mixed Signal Oscilloscope with Arbitrary Waveform Generator (AWG).
GAO Tek’s Peristaltic Pumps have the following applications in Medical and healthcare:
- Intravenous Drug Administration: Peristaltic pumps are commonly used for intravenous drug delivery. Their ability to deliver medications at controlled rates ensures that patients receive the appropriate dosage over a specific time period, enhancing treatment efficacy and patient safety.
- Enteral Feeding: In cases where patients cannot consume food orally, peristaltic pumps are utilized to administer liquid nutrition through feeding tubes. The pumps enable controlled and gradual feeding, preventing discomfort and promoting better nutrient absorption.
- Dialysis: Peristaltic pumps play a vital role in hemodialysis machines, ensuring precise circulation of blood and dialysate through the dialyzer. Their accuracy is essential for effective removal of waste products and excess fluids in patients with kidney failure.
- Laboratory Applications: Peristaltic pumps are extensively used in laboratories for transferring fluids during experiments and assays. Their ability to maintain a sterile flow path is crucial for preventing contamination and ensuring accurate results.
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy: Peristaltic pumps are employed in wound care systems that use negative pressure therapy. They create controlled negative pressure, promoting wound healing by removing excess fluids and supporting tissue regeneration.
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass: In heart surgeries requiring cardiopulmonary bypass, peristaltic pumps are used in perfusion systems to circulate oxygenated blood throughout the patient’s body while the heart is temporarily stopped.
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO): Peristaltic pumps are integral to ECMO systems, which provide temporary cardiac and/or respiratory support. The pumps facilitate the circulation of blood through an external oxygenation circuit.
- Labor and Delivery: Peristaltic pumps are used during childbirth to administer controlled doses of oxytocin or other medications to induce or regulate contractions, ensuring a safe delivery process.
- Automated Liquid Handling: In clinical diagnostic settings, peristaltic pumps are part of automated liquid handling systems that accurately dispense reagents and samples for diagnostic assays.
- Chemotherapy and Infusion Therapies: Peristaltic pumps deliver chemotherapy drugs and other infusion therapies to cancer patients, ensuring consistent dosages and minimizing the risk of medication errors.
- Orthopedic Procedures: In orthopedic surgeries, peristaltic pumps are employed to control the flow of sterile irrigation fluids during procedures, helping to keep the surgical area clean and visible.
- Analytical Chemistry: These pumps are utilized in analytical instruments like liquid chromatography systems, ensuring precise delivery of solvents and samples for accurate chemical analyses.
- Research and Development: Peristaltic pumps are used in research laboratories to control the flow of reagents and samples in experiments related to molecular biology, cell culture, and drug discovery.
- Nutrient and Fluid Delivery in Neonatal Care: For premature infants or those with feeding difficulties, peristaltic pumps are used to provide controlled feeding and hydration, reducing the risk of complications.
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Peristaltic Pumps Standards
GAO Tek’s Peristaltic Pumps comply or help our customers comply with the medical and healthcare standards such as
- ISO 9001: Quality Management System
- ISO 14971: Management for Medical Devices
- IEC 60601-1: Medical Electrical Equipment
- FDA 21 CFR Part 820: Quality System Regulation
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11: Quality System Regulation Integration
- ASTM F2555: Extracorporeal Circulation Systems
- AAMI HE75: Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
- AAMI ISO 28620: Non-active Medical Devices
- EN 60601-1-8: Medical Devices
- ANSI/AAMI EC13: Performance of Infusion Pumps
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s Peristaltic Pumps comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as
- FDA 21 CFR Part 820 (Quality System Regulation)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 803 (Medical Device Reporting)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 806 (Reports of Corrections and Removals)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 807 (Establishment Registration and Device Listing)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Subpart E (Purchasing Controls)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Subpart G (Production and Process Controls)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 860 (Medical Device Classification Procedures)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 801 (Labeling)
- FDA 21 CFR Part 807 Subpart D (510(k) Premarket Notification)
- FDA Guidance Documents
- ISO Standards
- FDA 510(k) Clearance
- Unique Device Identification (UDI)
GAO Tek’s Peristaltic Pumps comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as
- Medical Devices Regulations (SOR/98-282)
- Canadian Medical Devices Conformity Assessment System (CMDCAS)
- Health Canada Recalls and Safety Alerts
- Medical Device Establishment Licensing Regulations (SOR/98-282)
- Food and Drugs Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. F-27)
- ISO 13485
- Radiation Emitting Devices Act (REDA)
GAO Tek’s Peristaltic Pumps comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as
- Mexican Official Standard NOM-059-SSA1-2013
- Mexican Official Standard NOM-253-SSA1-2012
- Regulation of Health Supplies
- Federal Law on Metrology and Standardization
- Normal Official Mexicana NOM-241-ECOL-2011
GAO Tek’s Mixed Oscilloscope comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- CE Marking
- RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU)
- WEEE Directive (2012/19/EU)
- EMC Directive (2014/30/EU)
- Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU)
- Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU)
- Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC)
- European Medicines Agency (EMA) Regulations
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Case Studies of Peristaltic Pumps in Medical and Healthcare
Peristaltic Pumps are sometimes calling Roller Pumps, Tube Pumps, Hose Pumps, Flexi-Pumps, Tube Occlusion, Tube Pumps Positive, Displacement Pumps, Fluid Transport Pumps, Squeeze Pumps, Fluid Transfer Pumps, Peristaltic Tube Pumps, Cavity Pumps, Serpentine Pumps, Occlusion Pumps, Tubing Pumps and so on.
Here are some practical examples of using Peristaltic Pumps in Medical and Healthcare:
In a prominent hospital located in the Northeast Region, the integration of peristaltic pumps within their infusion therapy units yielded remarkable results. Recognizing the critical importance of accurate medication administration, the hospital embraced peristaltic pumps for their ability to provide precise and controlled flow rates. This strategic decision significantly reduced the risk of medication errors, thereby enhancing patient safety and bolstering the overall quality of care. The implementation of peristaltic pumps translated into a notable decrease in adverse events related to incorrect dosages, leading to improved patient outcomes and instilling greater confidence among healthcare professionals.
Within the manufacturing sector of the Midwest, a transformation in supply chain dynamics unfolded. A local manufacturer harnessed the power of an advanced inventory management system to revolutionize their operations. By minimizing lead times, preventing stockouts, and optimizing production schedules, the case study showcases how this innovation streamlined their entire supply chain, bolstering efficiency and competitiveness. In the heart of the Midwest’s agricultural landscape, a new era of farming practices emerged through the adoption of precision agriculture technologies. With the integration of GPS-guided equipment and sophisticated data analytics, farmers redefined their approach to cultivation.
In the vibrant landscape of the South Region, a paradigm shift towards renewable energy sources reshaped the energy industry. A forward-thinking utility company embarked on a journey to harness the power of solar and wind energy. This case study illuminates the impressive reduction in carbon emissions, increased energy resilience, and enhanced sustainability achieved through the adoption of these renewable energy solutions.
The tech powerhouse of Silicon Valley in the West Region experienced a resurgence through the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into diverse industries. A tech company harnessed AI-driven analytics to enhance decision- making and operations across sectors. This case study reveals improved efficiency, innovation acceleration, and the region’s continued dominance in technological advancement.
Amidst Canada’s diverse landscapes, a transformative shift towards renewable energy sources unfolded. A leading energy company harnessed wind and solar power to meet increasing energy demands sustainably. This case study illuminates reduced carbon emissions, energy independence, and a commitment to Canada’s clean energy future.
Across Mexico’s vast geography, telemedicine emerged as a solution to healthcare access challenges. A healthcare network introduced virtual care platforms, extending medical services to remote and underserved areas. This case study emphasizes improved healthcare equity, reduced travel burdens, and Mexico’s commitment to inclusive healthcare.
Europe’s financial sector underwent digital transformation, revolutionizing how financial services are delivered. A leading bank adopted fintech solutions for digital banking, online transactions, and personalized financial advice. This case study outlines improved customer experiences, increased financial inclusion, and Europe’s role in shaping fintech innovation.
GAO RFID Inc. gaorfid, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in Medical and Healthcare.
Use of Peristaltic Pumps with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Medical and Healthcare
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use Peristaltic Pumps with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include
- Autodesk Fusion 360
- SAP Integrated Business Planning
- Siemens Teamcenter
- AVL EXCITE
- SAM (System Advisor Model)
- GEOVIA Surpac
- SolidWorks Simulation
- ANSYS Mechanical
- ANSYS Fluent
- Autodesk Fusion 360 Cloud
- SolidWorks Online
- ANSYS Cloud
- MatLab Online
- LabVIEW Cloud
- SAP Integrated Business Planning Cloud
- Siemens Teamcenter Cloud
- SIMCA Cloud
- AVL Cloud
- ChemDraw Cloud
- Procore Cloud
- SAM Cloud
- Petrel Cloud
- GEOVIA Surpac Cloud
GAO Tek’s Peristaltic Pumps and their applications in other industries are listed on this page. life sciences peristaltic pumps Other related Peristaltic Pumps can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within the continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in “Industry” we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- Cerner Corporation
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
- McKesson Corporation
- Optum (UnitedHealth Group)
- Change Healthcare
- PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- CGI Group Inc.
- Sierra Systems (an NTT DATA Company
- TELUS Health
- Gevity Consulting Inc.
- Bell Canada
- KIO Networks
- Grupo Iusacell
- KIO Networks
- DXC Technology
GAO Has Many Customers in Medical and Healthcare History
The Peristaltic Pumps from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in Medical and Health Care by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in Medical and Healthcare.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in Peristaltic Pumps in Medical and Healthcare:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Stanford Health Care
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center
- Providence Health & Services
- Banner Health
- National Health Service (NHS) – United Kingdom
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin – Germany
- Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP) – France
- Karolinska University Hospital – Sweden
- Universitätsklinikum Zürich – Switzerland
- Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese – Italy
- Toronto General Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Vancouver General Hospital
- McGill University Health Centre
- St. Michael’s Hospital
- Alberta Health Services
- Hospital Ángeles
- Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS)
- Hospital Español de México
- Centro Médico ABC
- Hospital General de México