Monitoring water quality in industrial facilities involves the systematic assessment and analysis of various physical, chemical, and biological parameters in water sources within industrial settings. The primary goal is to ensure that water resources remain safe, compliant with regulations, and environmentally sustainable. This process includes the continuous or periodic measurement of parameters such as pH levels, dissolved oxygen content, turbidity, conductivity, temperature, and the presence of contaminants like heavy metals, organic pollutants, and chemicals.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s water quality testers are sometimes referred to as Water quality analyzers, Aquatic quality assessors, Hydrosphere assessment devices, Liquid purity detectors, H2O condition monitors, Aquatic health analyzers, Fluid quality sensors, Aquatic environment probes, Hydro quality inspectors, Liquid composition analyzers.
GAO Tek’s water quality testers have the following applications in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities:
- Manufacturing Plants: GAO’s water quality testers are used to monitor and maintain the quality of water used in manufacturing processes. They ensure that the water meets the required standards to prevent contamination of products and equipment.
- Power Generation Facilities: Power plants require significant water for cooling and other processes. Water quality testers help monitor the cooling water intake, discharge, and effluents to ensure they don’t negatively impact aquatic ecosystems and comply with regulations.
- Chemical Processing Industries: Our water quality testers are essential for monitoring the presence of hazardous chemicals, pH levels, and other parameters to prevent chemical spills, ensure worker safety, and protect the environment.
- Food and Beverage Production: In the food and beverage industry, water quality testers are used to ensure the purity of water used in processing, cleaning, and product formulation. They help maintain hygiene standards and product quality.
- Mining Operations: Mining activities can release pollutants into water bodies. Water quality testers monitor runoff, effluents, and groundwater to prevent contamination and fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Water is a critical ingredient in pharmaceutical production. Water quality testers help maintain the purity of water used in drug formulation to ensure product safety and compliance.
More information on water quality testers and their applications in other industries can be found on this page. Water Quality Testers
This category page lists related products. Chemical and Life Sciences Testers
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying With Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with the Industry standards such as:
- ISO 5667
- ISO 7027
- ASTM D1125
- US EPA Water Quality Standards
- EU Water Framework Directive
- WHO Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality
Complying With Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as:
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with Canadian regulations such as:
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999)
- Fisheries Act
- Environmental Protection Act (Various Provinces)
- Municipal Wastewater and Stormwater Regulations
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with Mexican regulations such as:
- National Water Law (Ley de Aguas Nacionales)
- Official Mexican Standards (Normas Oficiales Mexicanas, NOMs):
- Federal Environmental Protection Agency
- National Water Commission (Comisión Nacional del Agua, CONAGUA)
- Mexican Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación)
- Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with European regulations such as
- Water Framework Directive (WFD) 2000/60/EC
- Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) 2010/75/EU
- Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive (UWWTD) 91/271/EEC
- Environmental Liability Directive (ELD) 2004/35/EC
- Priority Substances Directive 2008/105/EC
- Directive 2013/39/EU (Amending the Priority Substances Directive)
Case Studies of Water Quality Testers in Monitoring Water Quality in Industrial Facilities
Water quality testers are sometimes called as:
Water quality analyzers, Aquatic quality assessors, Hydrosphere assessment devices, Liquid purity detectors, H2O condition monitors, Aquatic health analyzers, Fluid quality sensors, Aquatic environment probes, Hydro quality inspectors, and Liquid composition analyzers.
Here are some practical examples of using water quality testers to monitor water quality in industrial facilities:
A textile facility in Massachusetts uses water quality testers to monitor dye effluents and ensure that the discharge meets regulatory standards, preventing pollution of local water bodies.
A paper mill in Maine employs water quality testers to monitor the pH, turbidity, and chemical composition of wastewater before it is treated and released, complying with stringent state water quality regulations.
A food processing plant in New York uses water quality testers to monitor the cleanliness and composition of water used in food production, ensuring product safety and regulatory compliance.
Case studies from manufacturing facilities or processing plants that highlight the use of water quality testers to monitor effluent water quality before it’s discharged into municipal treatment systems or receiving water bodies.
Look for case studies from power plants that demonstrate how water quality testers are used to monitor cooling water intake, discharge, and effluents to ensure compliance with regulations and prevent environmental impacts.
Farms and agricultural facilities in the Midwest might have case studies showcasing the use of water quality testers to monitor runoff and manage the impact of agricultural activities on local water bodies.
Explore case studies from food processing facilities that use water quality testers to monitor water used in various stages of production, ensuring product safety and quality.
A chemical manufacturing facility in Louisiana uses water quality testers to monitor pH levels, dissolved oxygen, and the presence of chemical contaminants in their wastewater. By closely tracking water quality, the facility ensures compliance with state regulations and prevents the discharge of harmful substances into nearby water bodies.
A textile mill in Georgia employs water quality testers to monitor the color and turbidity of water used in dyeing processes. This enables them to adjust their processes to minimize water consumption and ensure the treated water meets regulatory standards before being discharged into local waterways.
A mining company in Nevada uses water quality testers to monitor the quality of water in their mining processes. By regularly testing for parameters like pH, turbidity, and heavy metal concentrations, they ensure that runoff and effluents comply with state regulations and do not negatively impact nearby water bodies.
A food processing plant in California employs water quality testers to monitor the water used in various stages of production. By regularly assessing parameters such as dissolved oxygen, temperature, and chlorine levels, the plant maintains water quality standards for food safety and regulatory compliance.
A case study could focus on a mining company in Canada using water quality testers to monitor water discharges from mining activities. This could include the measurement of parameters such as pH, turbidity, heavy metals, and other contaminants to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and prevent water pollution.
An example could involve an offshore oil and gas facility in Canada utilizing water quality testers to monitor the quality of water used for cooling and other processes. The study might highlight how real-time data from these testers helps maintain environmental standards and operational efficiency.
Case study focusing on how water quality testers are utilized in breweries and distilleries in Mexico to maintain the desired water composition for brewing and distillation processes.
Case study discussing the use of water quality testers to monitor irrigation water, runoff, and drainage from agricultural operations, preventing nutrient pollution and protecting water resources in Mexico.
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as the top 10 RFID suppliers in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities.
Use of Water Quality Testers With Leading Software and Cloud Services in Monitoring Water Quality in Industrial Facilities
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use water quality testers with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- Hydrolab Operating Software (HOS)
- YSI EMM Suite
- Aquatic Informatics AQUARIUS
- LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Tableau Online
- Qlik Sense Cloud
GAO Tek’s water quality testers and their applications in other industries are listed on this page. Chemical and Life Sciences Testers
Other related products can be found on this category page. Water Quality Testers
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- Environmental Monitoring Solutions Providers
- Industrial Automation and Control Systems Integrators
- IoT Solution Providers
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Consultants
- SCADA and Control System Consultants
- Environmental Compliance and Regulatory Consultants
- Water Management Consultants
- Environmental Consulting Firms
- Water Treatment Solution Providers
- Technology Integrators with Industry Expertise
- SCADA System Integrators
GAO Has Many Customers in Monitoring Water Quality in Industrial Facilities
The water quality testers from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s water quality testers in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities.
Here are some GAO’s customers in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities:
- Hach Company
- Xylem Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Evoqua Water Technologies
- YSI, a Xylem Brand
- Danaher Corporation
- Aquatic Informatics
- OTT HydroMet
- Solinst Canada Ltd
- EcoKare International
- Satlantic, a Sea-Bird Scientific Company
- Metrohm México
- Hach México