The food and beverage industry involves the production, processing, distribution, and sale of food and drinks. It includes agriculture, food and beverage manufacturing, restaurants, retail, distribution, and more. This industry is crucial for meeting dietary needs and catering to consumer preferences. It encompasses various sectors, such as food production, beverage production, food service, retail, logistics, hospitality, and it’s characterized by ongoing innovation and a focus on sustainability and health.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes referred to as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras have the following applications in food and beverage industry:
- Temperature Monitoring: GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers are used to quickly and accurately measure the temperature of food products, equipment, and surfaces. This is vital for ensuring that food is cooked, stored, and served at safe temperatures to prevent bacterial growth and foodborne illnesses.
- Refrigeration and Freezer Monitoring: GAO’s infrared thermometers are employed to check the temperature of refrigerators and freezers, ensuring that perishable items are stored at the correct temperatures to maintain freshness and quality.
- Baking and Cooking: Chefs and food processors use our infrared thermometers to monitor the temperature of ovens, grills, and stovetops, ensuring that food is cooked to the desired level of doneness and safety.
- Quality Control: GAO’s infrared thermometers are used in quality control processes to check the temperature of ingredients during food production, helping maintain consistency and quality.
- Transportation and Storage: During transportation and storage of food products, our infrared thermometers are used to verify that the temperature remains within safe limits to prevent spoilage.
- Quality Inspection: GAO Tek’s thermal imaging cameras are used for quality control by detecting anomalies or defects in food products. They can identify inconsistencies in cooking, packaging, or processing that may not be visible to the naked eye.
- HACCP Compliance: GAO’s infrared cameras help in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) compliance by monitoring temperatures at critical control points in food processing facilities to ensure food safety.
- Energy Efficiency: Our infrared cameras are used to identify areas of heat loss or inefficiency in food processing equipment and facilities, helping companies reduce energy consumption and operational costs.
- Equipment Maintenance: These cameras are employed for predictive maintenance of machinery and equipment, identifying overheating components that may lead to breakdowns or production stoppages.
- Hygiene Assessment: GAO’s infrared cameras can be used to assess the cleanliness of equipment and surfaces in food preparation areas by detecting residual heat patterns that may indicate insufficient cleaning.
- Cold Chain Monitoring: In the transportation and storage of perishable goods, our thermal cameras are used to monitor the temperature of refrigerated trucks, warehouses, and cold storage facilities to ensure the integrity of the cold chain.
- Baking and Cooking Process Optimization: GAO Tek’s infrared cameras can help optimize baking and cooking processes by visualizing temperature distribution within ovens and other cooking equipment, ensuring even cooking and consistent quality.
More information on food and beverage industry and their applications in other industries can be found on this page.
This category page lists related products
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Food and Beverage Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s food and beverage industry comply or help our customers comply with the food and beverage industry standards such as
- ISO 22000 HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- FDA Food Code
- ASTM E1965-
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- ISO 20476
- ISO 6781
- Local Regulatory Guidelines
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s food and beverage industry comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as
- FDA Food Code
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- FDA Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- State and Local Health Departments
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
GAO Tek’s food and beverage industry comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
- Health Canada
- Measurement Canada
- Provincial and Territorial Health Authorities
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulations
- Industry Associations
GAO Tek’s food and beverage industry comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as
- Federal Commission for the Protection Against Sanitary Risk (COFEPRIS – Comisión Federal para la Protección contra Riesgos Sanitarios)
- Federal Law for the Protection of the Consumer (Ley Federal de Protección al Consumidor)
- State and Municipal Health Authorities
- National Institute of Metrology, Standardization, and Industrial Quality (INMETRO)
- Industry Associations
GAO Tek’s food and beverage industry comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- EU Food Safety Regulations
- Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs
- Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 on Specific Hygiene Rules for Food of Animal Origin
- National Competent Authorities
- European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- Industry Associations
Case Studies of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras in Food and Beverage Industry
Infrared thermometers & cameras are sometimes called as non-contact thermometers, IR thermometers, laser thermometers, temperature guns, pyrometers, infrared temperature sensors, thermal imaging cameras, IR cameras, thermographic cameras, heat vision cameras, IR imaging devices, FLIR cameras, infrared scanners, IR thermal detectors, infrared imaging systems.
Here are some practical examples of using infrared thermometers & cameras in food and beverage industry:
A bakery in New England utilizes thermal cameras to monitor the temperature inside their industrial ovens. This helps ensure that bread, pastries, and other baked goods are uniformly baked and meet quality standards.
A seafood processing facility in the Northeast uses infrared thermometers to regularly check and record the temperatures of their cold storage units. This ensures that fish and shellfish are stored at the correct temperatures to maintain freshness and safety.
A dairy farm in Wisconsin employs handheld infrared thermometers to monitor the temperature of milk during milking and storage. This ensures that the milk is maintained at the correct temperature for quality and safety.
meatpacking plant in Iowa uses infrared cameras to monitor the temperature of meat products as they pass through ovens and cooking processes. This helps ensure that meats are cooked to the appropriate internal temperatures.
A barbecue restaurant in Texas uses thermal cameras to monitor the temperature inside its smokers. This ensures that meats are cooked low and slow to perfection, maintaining the traditional barbecue flavor and quality.
A poultry processing plant in Arkansas employs handheld infrared thermometers to check the temperature of chicken products during cooking and processing, ensuring that they reach the required safe internal temperature.
Wineries in California use infrared thermometers to measure grape temperatures during the growing season. This data helps vineyard managers make decisions about irrigation and harvesting timing to optimize grape quality.
Breweries in Oregon employ thermal cameras to monitor and control the temperature of fermentation tanks during the brewing process. This ensures consistent beer quality and flavor profiles.
A frozen food distribution center in Quebec utilizes thermal imaging cameras to monitor the temperature of cold storage warehouses, ensuring that perishable goods are stored at the correct temperature to maintain product quality.
Bakeries in Ontario use handheld infrared thermometers to monitor the temperature of bread and pastries during baking, ensuring that they are cooked to the desired level of doneness and safety.
A food distribution company in Mexico City uses thermal imaging cameras to monitor the temperature of its cold storage warehouses, ensuring that perishable goods are stored at the correct temperature to maintain product quality and safety.
Bakeries in Monterrey employ handheld infrared thermometers to monitor the temperature of baked goods during baking, ensuring that they are cooked to perfection and meet safety standards.
A food distribution company in the UK uses thermal imaging cameras to monitor the temperatures of refrigerated delivery trucks and storage facilities, ensuring that perishable goods are transported and stored within safe temperature ranges.
Bakeries in France employ handheld infrared thermometers to monitor the temperature of bread, pastries, and cakes during baking, ensuring that they are cooked to perfection and meet safety standards.
GAO RFID Inc. GAO RFID, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in food and beverage industry.
Use of Infrared Thermometers & Cameras with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Food and Beverage Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s infrared thermometers & cameras with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include
- Thermal Imaging and Analysis Software
- Temperature Data Logging Software
- Quality Control and HACCP Software
- Process Monitoring Software
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) Software
- Predictive Maintenance Software
- Energy Management Software
- Supply Chain Visibility and Cold Chain Monitoring Software
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT Analytics
- Microsoft Azure IoT Analytics
- Google Cloud IoT Core
- IBM Watson IoT Platform
GAO Tek’s infrared thermometers & cameras and their applications in other industries are listed on this page.
Other related products can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within the continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in food and beverage industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- IBM Global Business Services
- IBM Canada
- Accenture Canada
- Deloitte Canada
- Capgemini Canada
- IBM México
- Accenture México
- Deloitte México
- Capgemini México
- IBM Europe
- Accenture Europe
- Deloitte Europe
- Capgemini Europe
GAO Has Many Customers in Food and Beverage Industry
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in food and beverage industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in food and beverage industry.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in food and beverage industry:
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- General Mills
- Mondelez International
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- General Mills
- Land O’Lakes
- Publix Super Markets
- Keurig Dr Pepper
- Pilgrim’s Pride
- The Clorox Company
- Costco Wholesale
- Jamba Juice
- Chevron Corporation