Automotive electronics testing refers to the process of evaluating and verifying the electronic components and systems within an automobile to ensure they function correctly and meet safety, performance, and reliability standards. This crucial phase in the automotive manufacturing and development process helps guarantee that various electronic systems in a vehicle, such as engine control units, sensors, infotainment systems, and safety features, work as intended.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s logic analyzers are sometimes referred to as digital logic analyzer, digital analyzer, logic state analyzer, logic test instrument, digital signal analyzer, pattern generator/analyzer (some devices combine both functions), protocol analyzer (focuses on communication protocols like SPI, I2C, etc.), bus analyzer (used for monitoring and analyzing data buses), embedded logic analyzer (often integrated into microcontrollers for debugging),mixed-signal analyzer (combines digital and analog signal analysis).
GAO Tek’s logic analyzers have the following applications in automotive electronics testing:
- ECU (Engine Control Unit) Debugging: GAO Tek’s logic analyzers help engineers examine the digital signals exchanged between sensors, actuators, and the ECU. This aids in identifying faults, optimizing engine performance, and improving fuel efficiency.
- Communication Bus Analysis: Our modern vehicles use various communication protocols like CAN (Controller Area Network), LIN (Local Interconnect Network), and FlexRay. Logic analyzers can monitor these buses to diagnose communication errors, ensuring proper data exchange between components.
- Sensor Verification: GAO’s logic analyzers can be used to validate the functionality of sensors like accelerometers, gyroscopes, and wheel speed sensors, ensuring their accuracy and reliability.
- Automotive Networking: Analyzing signals on the in-vehicle network allows for the detection of issues related to infotainment systems, navigation, and other in-car communication systems.
- Airbag and Safety System Testing: GAO Tek’s logic analyzers assist in evaluating the performance of airbag deployment systems and other safety-critical components, ensuring they respond correctly during emergencies.
- Infotainment System Testing: Verifying the proper operation of multimedia interfaces, touchscreen controls, audio systems, and communication with smartphones or other devices.
- Power Management: Analyzing power distribution and consumption within a vehicle’s electrical system to optimize energy usage and diagnose power-related issues.
- OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) Analysis: GAO’s logic analyzers can assist in diagnosing vehicle issues by monitoring the OBD-II port’s communication and detecting fault codes.
- Testing Control Units and Modules: Analyzing digital signals between control units and modules, such as ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) controllers, transmission control modules, and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems, to ensure proper operation.
- Troubleshooting Electronic Accessories: Analyzing digital signals related to electronic accessories like power windows, mirrors, and seats to identify and resolve malfunctions.
- Firmware Debugging: GAO Tek’s logic analyzers are useful for debugging and troubleshooting firmware or software issues in electronic control units.
- CAN Bus Hacking Prevention: In the context of automotive cybersecurity, our logic analyzers can be used to monitor and detect unauthorized attempts to manipulate the CAN bus and protect against potential cyber threats.
More information on logic analyzers and their applications in other industries can be found on this page Electrical Logic Analyzers.
This category page lists related products Electrical Overview.
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s logic analyzers comply or help our customers comply with the industry standards such as
- ISO 26262
- ISO 16750
- ISO 9141
- ISO 14229 (UDS)
- SAE J1939
- IEC 61508
- IEC 61000-4 (EMC Standards)
- Automaker-Specific Standards
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s logic analyzers comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as
- OBD Regulations
- Emissions Standards
- Fuel Economy Standards
- Environmental Regulations
GAO Tek’s logic analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as
- Emissions Standards
- Fuel Efficiency Standards
GAO Tek’s logic analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as
- NOM Standards
- SEMARNAT Emissions Standards
- PROFECO Regulations
- NMX Standards
GAO Tek’s logic analyzers comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- ECE Regulations
- Euro NCAP
- Emissions Standards (Euro 6, etc.)
- Type Approval Regulations
- CE Marking
- ISO Standards (ISO 26262, ISO 16750, etc.)
Case Studies of logic analyzers in automotive electronics testing
Logic analyzers are sometimes called digital logic analyzers, digital analyzers, logic state analyzers, logic test instruments, digital signal analyzers, pattern generator/analyzers (some devices combine both functions), protocol analyzer (focuses on communication protocols like SPI, I2C, etc.), bus analyzer (used for monitoring and analyzing data buses), embedded logic analyzer (often integrated into microcontrollers for debugging), mixed-signal analyzer (combines digital and analog signal analysis).
Here are some practical examples of using logic analyzers in automotive electronics testing:
Contacting Manufacturers: Logic analyzer manufacturers often publish case studies on their websites or may provide them upon request. Companies like Keysight Technologies, Tektronix, and Rohde & Schwarz manufacture logic analyzers and may have case studies related to automotive testing.
Checking Industry Publications: Look for automotive electronics testing case studies in industry-specific publications, magazines, or websites. These sources often feature real-world applications and success stories.
University or Research Institutions: Some academic institutions and research organizations conduct studies on automotive electronics testing. Their reports and findings may include case studies.
Attending Industry Conferences: Automotive electronics and testing conferences often feature presentations and sessions with real-world case studies. Attendees may have access to these materials.
Networking: Connect with professionals in the automotive electronics testing field, especially those working in the Northeast Region. They may be aware of relevant case studies or can provide insights based on their experiences.
Consulting Firms: Companies specializing in automotive testing and consulting may have case studies showcasing their work in the field, including projects in the Midwest Region.
Industry Conferences and Events: Attend automotive electronics and testing conferences or events in Canada. These often feature presentations and sessions with real-world case studies.
GAO RFID Inc. GAO RFID, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID suppliers in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in automotive electronics testing RFID Systems for Automotive Repair Organizations, and RFID Systems for Automobile Dealers.
Use of logic analyzers with Leading Software and Cloud Services in automotive electronics testing
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s logic analyzers with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include
- Keysight Logic Analyzer Software
- Tektronix Logic Analyzer Software
- Rohde & Schwarz Logic Analyzer Software
- Agilent Logic Analyzer Software (Obsolete)
- Saleae Logic Software
- Pico Technology PicoScope
- LeCroy LogicStudio
- Spectrum Instrumentation SBench 6
- Siglent Logic Analyzer Software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Open-source Logic Analyzer Software
- Custom In-House Software
- Vector CANape
- MathWorks MATLAB
- Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud
- Alibaba Cloud
- Salesforce IoT Cloud
- Dell EMC Virtustream
- HPE GreenLake
- Nutanix Clusters
- Siemens MindSphere
- OpenText IoT Platform
- PTC ThingWorx
- Custom Cloud Solutions
- Teradata Vantage
- Qlik Cloud
- Looker by Google Cloud
- Domo Cloud
- TIBCO Cloud Integration
- Snowflake Data Cloud
- Custom Analysis Cloud Solutions
GAO RFID Inc. GAO RFID, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in testing RFID Systems for Automotive Repair Organizations, and RFID Systems for Automobile Dealers.
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within the continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada Mexico, and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms, and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in automotive electronics testing we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- EPAM Systems
- Everis Mexico
- EY (Ernst & Young)
- HCL Technologies
- Huron Consulting Group
- KPIT Technologies Canada
- LTI (Larsen & Toubro Infotech)
- NTT DATA
- PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- QA InfoTech
- Sopra Steria
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Tech Mahindra
- UST Global
- West Monroe Partners
GAO Has Many Customers in automotive electronics testing
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in automotive electronics testing by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in automotive electronics testing RFID Systems for Automotive Repair Organizations, and RFID Systems for Automobile Dealers.
Here are some of GAO’s customers in automotive electronics testing:
- A&D Technology
- Tesla, Inc.
- HORIBA Automotive Test Systems
- Microtek Laboratories
- NORMA Group
- Applied Technical Services (ATS)
- TÜV SÜD
- Cincinnati Test Systems
- S-E-A, Ltd.
- National Technical Systems (NTS)
- Element Materials Technology
- MGA Research Corporation
- NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Moog Inc.
- Bureau Veritas
- QAI Laboratories Ltd.