The agrochemical industry, also known as the agricultural chemical industry, is a sector that focuses on the production, research, development, and distribution of chemicals and products used in agriculture. These chemicals play a crucial role in enhancing crop productivity, protecting crops from pests and diseases, and improving overall agricultural efficiency.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s polarimeters are sometimes referred to as Polarimetry instrument, Optical rotation analyzer, Optical rotatory dispersion analyzer, Specific rotation detector, Chiralimeter, Saccharimeter, Goniometer, Rotary Polarimeter.
GAO Tek’s polarimeters have the following applications in agrochemical industry:
- Purity Analysis: GAO’s polarimeters are used to determine the purity of chiral compounds in agrochemical products. Optical rotation measurements can help identify the presence of impurities or other optical active substances.
- Enantiomeric Excess Determination: Enantiomers are the mirror-image forms of chiral compounds. Polarimeters are used to quantify the proportion of each enantiomer in a mixture, which is crucial for assessing the efficacy and safety of agrochemicals.
- Quality Control of Formulations: Agrochemical formulations often contain chiral compounds. Polarimeters assist in ensuring that the correct enantiomer ratios are maintained during formulation, as this can affect the product’s effectiveness.
- Chiral Pesticide Analysis: Many pesticides used in agriculture are chiral compounds. The effectiveness of these pesticides can depend on the enantiomeric composition. Polarimetry helps evaluate the chirality of pesticides and their potential impact.
- Chiral Herbicide Analysis: Similar to pesticides, chiral herbicides used to control weeds can have different effects based on their enantiomeric composition. Polarimetry aids in studying these compounds.
- Chiral Fertilizer Analysis: Our polarimeters can be used to analyze the optical activity of chiral compounds in fertilizers, ensuring their quality and suitability for promoting plant growth.
- Studying Degradation: Polarimetry can be used to monitor changes in optical activity over time, helping to assess the stability and shelf-life of agrochemical products.
- Research and Development: GAO Tek’s polarimeters play a crucial role in the R&D of new agrochemical compounds. Understanding their optical activity provides insights into their behavior and interactions in various environments
More information on polarimeters and their applications in other industries can be found on this page.
This category page lists related products.
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying with Agrochemical Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our clients comply with the agrochemical industry standards such as:
- European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
- ICH Guidelines
- ASTM E1952
- AOAC Official Methods
- ISO 5725
- ISO 17025
- USP Chapter
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- State Regulations
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as:
- Pest Control Products Act (PCPA)
- Pest Control Products Regulations (PCPR)
- Guidelines for the Registration of Pesticides
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Data Requirements for Pesticide Registration
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as:
- COFEPRIS (Federal Commission for Protection Against Sanitary Risk)
- SADER (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development)
- Official Mexican Government Websites
- Mexican Standards Organizations
- Industry Associations
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our clients comply with the European regulations such as
- REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006
- Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations
- European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
- Food Safety Regulations
Case Studies of Polarimeters in Agrochemical Industry
Polarimeters are sometimes called as Polarimetry instrument, Optical rotation analyzer, Optical rotatory dispersion analyzer, Specific rotation detector, Chiralimeter, Saccharimeter, Goniometer, Rotary Polarimeter.
Here are some practical examples of using polarimeters in agrochemical industry:
A case study might involve a research facility in the Northeastern U.S. analyzing the optical rotation of chiral compounds in pesticides used to protect crops. By using polarimeters, researchers could determine the enantiomeric excess of active ingredients, ensuring that the right enantiomer ratio is maintained for optimal efficacy.
An agrochemical manufacturing company in the Northeast might use polarimeters to ensure the quality and consistency of chiral compounds in fertilizers. By monitoring the optical rotation, they could verify that the correct chiral form of the compound is present, which is essential for promoting plant growth.
A Midwest-based agrochemical company uses a polarimeter to analyze the enantiomeric composition of a chiral pesticide. By determining the ratio of the two enantiomers, they ensure that the pesticide’s formulation is optimized for maximum efficacy while adhering to regulatory standards.
A fertilizer producer in the Midwest utilizes polarimeters to assess the optical rotation of chiral additives in their fertilizer formulations. This ensures that the chiral compounds have the intended effect on plant growth and nutrient absorption.
An agrochemical company based in the Southern U.S. specializes in producing chiral pesticides for cotton farming. They use polarimeters to analyze the optical rotation of different enantiomers in their pesticides. By ensuring the correct enantiomeric ratio, they can enhance the pesticide’s efficacy in controlling pests while minimizing potential environmental impact.
A manufacturer of chiral herbicides for corn fields in the Southern U.S. employs polarimeters to monitor the optical activity of their products. By maintaining consistent enantiomer proportions, they ensure that the herbicides effectively target specific weeds while minimizing damage to crops.
A case study could focus on an organic farm in California that relies on chiral pesticides to control pests while maintaining environmental sustainability. The farm could use polarimeters to analyze the optical rotation of the pesticide compounds, ensuring that they meet specific enantiomeric purity requirements.
A fertilizer manufacturer in Washington could use polarimeters to optimize the formulation of chiral fertilizers. By analyzing the optical activity of different formulations, they can ensure that the desired chiral ratios are maintained for optimal plant growth
Look for studies published in journals focused on agricultural research, chemistry, and analytical techniques. Journals like the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry or the Canadian Journal of Plant Science might have relevant articles.
Check websites or publications from government agencies responsible for agriculture and agrochemical regulation in Canada, such as Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
Contact industry associations related to agrochemicals in Mexico. They might have resources, publications, or contacts that can provide information on the practical use of polarimeters in the industry.
Reach out to experts, researchers, or professionals in the field of agrochemicals and analytical chemistry in Mexico. They might be aware of specific case studies or applications in the country.
Case studies could demonstrate the role of polarimetry in the research and development of new agrochemical compounds, particularly those containing chiral molecules.
Explore how polarimeters are used to monitor changes in optical activity over time, contributing to stability studies of agrochemical products.
GAO RFID Inc. GAO RFID, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID suppliers in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in agrochemical industry.
Use of Polarimeters with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Agrochemical Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use polarimeters with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- Polarimetry Software from Instrument Manufacturers
- General Data Analysis Software
- Spectroscopy Software
- Thermo Scientific OMNIC
- IBM Cloud
- Amazon S3
- Google Cloud Storage
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- Google Cloud Dataproc
GAO Tek’s polarimeters and their applications in other industries are listed on this page.
Other related products can be found at this category page
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in agrochemical industry we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- Online Business Directories and Search Engines
- Industry Associations and Events
- Research Reports and Publications
- Company Websites and Directories
- Company Websites and Directories
- Technology Solution Providers
- Consult with IT Consultancies
- Collaborate with Universities
- Technology Exhibitions and Conferences
GAO Has Many Customers in Agrochemical Industry
Polarimeters from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in agrochemical industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s polarimeters in agrochemical industry.
Here are some GAO’s customers in agrochemical industry: