The petrochemical industry is a sector of the chemical industry that focuses on the production and processing of petrochemicals, which are chemical compounds derived from petroleum or natural gas. These compounds serve as the building blocks for a wide range of products that play a crucial role in various aspects of modern life. Petrochemicals are used as raw materials to manufacture a diverse array of products, including plastics, synthetic fibres, rubber, detergents, solvents, fertilizers, pharmaceuticals, and more. The industry involves complex processes of extracting and refining crude oil and natural gas to obtain the necessary feedstocks for creating these chemicals.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s polarimeter are sometimes referred to as Polariscope, Saccharimeter, Optical Rotation Apparatus, Rotatory Dispersion Instrument, Optical Rotator, Chiralometer, Goniometer.
GAO Tek’s polarimeters have the following applications in petrochemical industry:
- Quality Control of Chiral Compounds: Polarimeters are used to determine the purity and quality of chiral compounds present in petrochemical products. These compounds can include pharmaceutical intermediates, flavour and fragrance chemicals, and other specialty chemicals.
- Chiral Compound Analysis: Petrochemical processes often involve the production of chiral compounds, which have distinct optical properties in different enantiomers (mirror-image forms). Polarimeters help analyse and quantify the enantiomeric excess of these compounds, ensuring the correct composition of final products.
- Raw Material Verification: Polarimeters are used to verify the optical purity of raw materials containing chiral compounds before they are used in production processes. This helps maintain consistent product quality.
- Process Monitoring and Control: Polarimeters can be integrated into production processes to monitor the optical rotation of reaction mixtures in real-time. This helps optimize reaction conditions, ensure product consistency, and detect deviations that might lead to impurities.
- Research and Development: In research settings, polarimeters are used to study the behaviour of chiral compounds, investigate the effects of different reaction conditions, and develop new processes for producing petrochemical compounds.
- Regulatory Compliance: Some petrochemical products are subject to regulatory requirements regarding the optical purity of chiral compounds. Polarimeters are used to ensure compliance with these regulations.
- Quality Assurance: Polarimeters play a crucial role in quality assurance by confirming that the optical purity of chiral compounds falls within specified limits. This prevents the release of substandard products into the market.
- Contaminant Detection: Polarimeters can help identify the presence of contaminants or impurities that might affect the optical purity of chiral compounds.
- Batch-to-Batch Consistency: Polarimeters are used to ensure that the optical rotation of chiral compounds remains consistent across different production batches, maintaining uniformity in final products.
More information on polarimeters and their applications in other industries can be found on this page polarimeters.
This category page lists related products chemical and life sciences
Complying with Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our customers comply with the industry standards such as:
- ASTM E1807-20
- ASTM E275-17
- ISO 5725-1
- USP General Chapter <781>
- USP General Chapter <781S>
- EP General Chapter 2.2.7
- JP XVII General Tests 2.59
- JP XVII General Tests 2.60
Complying with Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as :
- OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- EPA Regulations
- FDA Regulations
- USP Standards
- ASTM Standards
GAO Tek’s polarimeters comply or help our clients comply with the Canadian regulations such as :
- Health Canada’s Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR)
- Environmental Protection Act (EPA)
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act (CEAA)
- Health Canada Regulations
- Canadian Food and Drug Regulations
- ASTM Standards
Case Studies of Polarimeters in Petrochemical Industry
Polarimeters are sometimes called as Polariscope, Saccharimeter, Optical Rotation Apparatus, Rotatory Dispersion Instrument, Optical Rotator, Chiralometer, Goniometer.
Here are some practical examples of using polarimeters in petrochemical industry:
A petrochemical company in the Northeast Region uses polarimeters to ensure the optical purity of chiral compounds used in the production of specialty chemicals. By accurately measuring specific rotations, they maintain consistent quality and compliance with industry standards.
A petrochemical facility in the Northeast uses polarimeters to verify the optical purity of incoming raw materials containing chiral compounds. This helps them identify any potential impurities early in the production process.
A pharmaceutical petrochemical plant in the Northeast relies on polarimeters to comply with FDA and USP regulations for optical rotation measurement of chiral compounds used in drug intermediates.
An organic synthesis laboratory in the Northeast uses polarimeters to optimize reaction conditions for chiral compound synthesis, ensuring maximum yield and enantiomeric excess.
A specialty chemical manufacturer in the Northeast implements polarimeters to maintain consistent optical rotation values across different batches of products, ensuring uniform quality.
petrochemical company in the Northeast uses polarimeters to analyze the optical properties of chemicals in compliance with environmental impact assessment regulations, ensuring minimal environmental impact.
A research institute in the Northeast employs polarimeters to study the optical properties of newly synthesized chiral compounds, contributing to the development of novel products and processes.
A plastic manufacturing plant in the Northeast uses polarimeters to assess the optical purity of plastic additives, ensuring they meet stringent quality requirements.
A pharmaceutical company in the Northeast uses polarimeters to monitor and control the optical rotation of chiral compounds used as intermediates in drug manufacturing processes.
A fragrance manufacturer in the Northeast utilizes polarimeters to analyze the optical rotation of chiral compounds in fragrances, ensuring consistent product characteristics.
A biofuel plant in the Midwest utilizes polarimeters to monitor the optical rotation of chiral compounds during ethanol production. By optimizing the optical purity of ethanol, they achieve higher fuel quality and compliance with regulatory standards.
A plastics manufacturer in the Midwest employs polarimeters to analyze the optical rotation of chiral additives used in plastic production. This ensures consistent product quality and adherence to industry specifications.
A research laboratory in the Midwest studies the optical properties of chiral compounds using polarimeters, contributing to advancements in petrochemical research and potential new applications.
A polymer research centre in the Midwest utilizes polarimeters to study the optical purity of chiral compounds incorporated into polymers, enhancing material properties for specific applications.
A petrochemical refinery in the South utilizes polarimeters to ensure the optical purity of chiral compounds in various products, including lubricants and specialty chemicals.
A chemical synthesis company in the South employs polarimeters to optimize the production of chiral compounds used as intermediates in pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals.
An agricultural chemical manufacturer in the South uses polarimeters to analyze the optical rotation of chiral pesticides, ensuring their quality and effectiveness.
A pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in the South relies on polarimeters to ensure the optical purity of chiral intermediates in drug production.
A biorefinery in the West utilizes polarimeters to analyze the optical purity of chiral compounds produced from renewable feedstocks, ensuring the quality of bio-based chemicals.
A chemical manufacturing plant in Canada employs polarimeters to analyze the optical properties of chemicals used in compliance with environmental regulations, minimizing environmental impact.
A plastics manufacturer in Canada uses polarimeters to assess the optical rotation of chiral additives in polymer formulations, ensuring material quality and properties.
GAO RFID Inc. gaorfid, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID supplier in the world. chemical and life sciences Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in petrochemical industry. polarimeters
Use of Polarimeters with Leading Software and Cloud Services in Petrochemical Industry
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use GAO’s polarimeters with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- IRIS Polarimeter Software
- Horizon Polarimetry Software
- Bellingham + Stanley Polarimeter Software
- LabSolutions Polarimeter Software
- POLAR PC
- Spectra Manager II
- DeltaNu Advantage
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud
- SAP Cloud Platform
- Digital Ocean
- Cloud Sigma
- Salesforce Platform
- AWS Lambda
- Azure Functions
- Google Cloud Functions
- IBM Cloud Functions
- Oracle Functions
- Cloudflare Workers
- Netlify Function
- Vercel Serverless Functions
GAO Has Many Customers in Petrochemical Industry
The products from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in the petrochemical industry by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s products in the petrochemical industry.
Here are some of the leading companies in petrochemical Industry:
- Nova Chemicals
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Dow Inc.
- Cenovus Energy
- Flint Hills Resources
- Chevron Phillips Chemical
- Phillips 66
- Huntsman Corporation
- Valero Energy
- Chevron Corporation
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- BASF Corporation
- INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
- HollyFrontier Corporation
- Suncor Energy
- Imperial Oil
- Dow Canada
- Shell Canada