Agricultural runoff refers to the movement of water, often containing various agricultural-related pollutants, from cultivated fields and other agricultural areas into nearby water bodies such as rivers, lakes, and oceans. This runoff can occur when rainwater or irrigation water flows over the land’s surface, picking up pesticides, fertilizers, sediment, and other contaminants used in farming activities. Irrigation water testing involves the analysis of water used for irrigation purposes to assess its quality and suitability for crop growth. This testing helps farmers and agricultural professionals make informed decisions about water management and crop health. Various factors are evaluated during irrigation water testing, including pH levels, salinity, mineral content, presence of harmful chemicals or pathogens, and the overall chemical composition.
Depending on specific features and functions, GAO Tek’s water quality testers are sometimes referred to as Water quality assessors, Hydro analysis professionals, Aqua diagnostics experts, H2O evaluation specialists, Liquid composition analysts, Fluid purity testers, Aquatic health monitors, Water chemistry technicians, Hydrologic profilers and Liquid contaminant inspectors.
GAO Tek’s water quality testers have the following applications in monitoring water quality in agricultural runoff and irrigation water testing:
- pH and Salinity Management: GAO’s water testers assess pH levels and salinity in irrigation water. Proper pH and salinity levels are crucial for optimal nutrient absorption by plants and the prevention of soil degradation.
- Nutrient Balancing: Testing helps determine the concentration of essential nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium in irrigation water. This information guides farmers in maintaining proper nutrient levels for healthy crop growth.
- Mineral Content: GAO’s water testers analyze the mineral content, including trace elements, in irrigation water. This ensures that crops receive necessary micronutrients without being exposed to harmful levels of certain minerals.
- Contaminant Identification: Water testers detect any contaminants present in irrigation water, including heavy metals and toxic substances. This helps prevent potential harm to crops and subsequent consumption by humans.
- Scheduling and Efficiency: By understanding the water quality, farmers can adjust their irrigation schedules and techniques to maximize water-use efficiency, minimize waste, and avoid over-irrigation.
- Crop Health: Regular water testing ensures that the water quality aligns with the specific needs of different crops, preventing water-related stress and diseases.
- Compliance and Regulation: GAO’s water testers provide the data necessary.
More information on water quality testers and their applications in other industries can be found on this page. Water Quality Testers
This category page lists related products. Chemical and Life Sciences Testers
GAO Tek’s targeted markets are North America, particularly the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Hence, in addition to English, this website gaotek.com is offered in other major languages of North America and Europe such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Greek, Hungarian, Swedish, Czech, Portuguese, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Slovak, Catalan, Lithuanian, Bosnian, Galician, Slovene, Latvian, Estonian, Welsh, Icelandic, and Irish.
Complying With Industry Standards
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with the industry standards such as:
- ISO 11465
- ASTM D1889
- EPA 160.2
- WHO Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality
- US EPA Water Quality Criteria
- FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper 29
Complying With Government Regulations
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our customers comply with the U.S. government regulations such as:
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Program
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with Canadian regulations such as:
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Fisheries Act
- Pest Control Products Act
- Canadian Water Quality Guidelines
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Programs
- Provincial/Territorial Environmental Regulations
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with the Mexican regulations such as:
- General Law of Ecological Equilibrium and Environmental Protection (LGEEPA)
- National Water Law (Ley de Aguas Nacionales)
- Mexican Official Standards (Normas Oficiales Mexicanas or NOMs)
- National Forestry, Agriculture, and Livestock Law (Ley General de Desarrollo Forestal Sustentable, de la Agricultura y de la Ganadería)
- Federal Environmental Protection Agency (Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Ambiente or PROFEPA)
GAO Tek’s water quality testers comply or help our clients comply with European regulations such as:
- Water Framework Directive (WFD) (Directive 2000/60/EC)
- Nitrates Directive (Directive 91/676/EEC)
- Pesticides Regulation (Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009)
- Drinking Water Directive (Directive 98/83/EC)
- European Water Framework Directive Daughter Directives
- Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)
GAO RFID Inc. RFID Hardware, a sister company of GAO Tek Inc., is ranked as a top 10 RFID suppliers in the world. Its RFID, BLE, and IoT products have also been widely used in agricultural runoff and irrigation water testing.
Use of Water Quality Testers with Leading Software And Cloud Services in Agricultural Runoff And Irrigation Water Testing
GAO Tek has used or has facilitated its customers to use water quality testers with some of the leading software and cloud services in their applications. Examples of such leading software and cloud services include:
- GraphPad Prism
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning
- Amazon SageMaker
- Google Cloud AI Platform
- IBM Watson Studio
GAO Tek’s water quality testers and their applications in other industries are listed on this page. Chemical and Life Science Testers
Other related products can be found on this category page. Water Quality Testers
Meeting Customers’ Demands
Large Choice of Products
In order to satisfy the diversified needs of their corporate customers, GAO Tek Inc. and its sister company GAO RFID Inc. together offer a wide choice of testing and measurement devices, network products, RFID, BLE, IoT, and drones.
To shorten the delivery to our customers, GAO has maintained a large stock of its products and is able to ship overnight within continental U.S. and Canada, and fast delivery to Mexico and Europe from the nearest warehouse.
Local to Our Customers
We are located in both the U.S. and Canada. We travel to customers’ premises if necessary. Hence, we provide a very strong local support to our customers in North America, particularly the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Europe. Furthermore, we have built partnerships with some integrators, consulting firms and other service providers in different cities to further strengthen our services. Here are some of the service providers in agricultural runoff and irrigation water testing we have worked with to serve our joint customers:
- IBM Global Business Services
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Tech Mahindra
- NTT DATA
- Booz Allen Hamilton
GAO Has Many Customers in Agricultural Runoff And Irrigation Water Testing
The water quality testers from both GAO Tek Inc. and GAO RFID Inc. have been widely used in monitoring water quality in industrial facilities by many customers, including some leading companies. Here is more information on applications of GAO RFID Inc.’s water quality testers in agricultural runoff and irrigation water testing
Here are some GAO’s customers in agricultural runoff and irrigation water testing:
- Eurofins Scientific
- Waters Agricultural Laboratories
- AgSource Laboratories
- Ward Laboratories
- A & L Western Agricultural Laboratories
- Brookside Laboratories
- AgVise Laboratories
- Logan Labs
- Dairyland Laboratories
- Midwest Laboratories
- Agri-King, Inc.
- Wetlab Ltd.
- Wageningen Agricultural University and Research
- Waters Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- YSI, a Xylem brand
- Agilent Technologies
- Maxxam Analytics
- ALS Environmental
- SGS Canada
- Merieux NutriSciences Canada
- WSP Canada