GAOTek CFM/CMM Thermo-Anemometers (Air Flow, Temperature Display) is designed to measure the temperature, air velocity, and air flow simultaneously with the remote surface temperature to 536 °F (280°C).The 5 units of measure of air velocity are meters per second (m/sec), miles per hour (mph), kilometer per hour (km/hr.), feet per minute (ft/min), and nautical miles per hour (knots). This handheld device displays air flow or air velocity plus ambient temperature simultaneously on the super large LCD backlight display. It is commonly used to measure wind speed in ventilation duct outlet and simultaneously measure the pressure, humidity, and temperature, and then perform a variety of environmental conditions analysis.
- Resolution of 0.01 m/sec
- Super large LCD backlight Display
- Simultaneous display of Air Flow or Air Velocity plus Ambient Temperature
- High sensitive and accurate
- Easy to set area dimensions (cm2) and stored in the meter’s internal memory for the next power on
- Low battery indication
- Auto power off
|ft/min (feet per minute)||80 ~ 5900||±3% ± 40 ft/min|
|mph (miles per hour)||0.9 ~ 67.0||±3% ± 0.4 MPH|
|M/S (meter per second)||0.40 ~ 30.00||±3% ± 0.02 m/s|
|Knots (nautical miles per hour)||0.8 ~ 58.0||±3% ± 0.4 knots|
|km/h (kilometer per hour)||1.4 ~ 108.0||±3% ± 0.8 km/h|
|Air Temperature||14 °F to140 °F (-10 °C to 60 °C)||±4.0 °F (2.0 °C)|
|Bearing||Japanese synthetic stones bearing|
|Display||Multifunction LCD display|
|Auto Power Off||Auto Power off after 15 minutes|
|Battery||1×9 V (NEDA 1604) battery|
|Battery Current||about 6 mA|
|Sampling Rate||about 1-second reading|
|Operating Pressure||500 mb ~ 2 Bar|
|Operating Temperature||32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 140 °F ( -40 °C to 60 °C)|
|Storage Humidity||<80% RH|
|Working Humidity||<80% RH|
|Dimensions||7.87 in x 3.34 in x 1.57 in (200 mm x 85 mm x 40 mm) (host)|
|Weight||0.61 lbs, 280 g (host only)|
- The wind speed sensor
- The power button
- The average value of bond
- The maximum and minimum button
- Hold button
- Unit button
- Next step button
- Area open button
Use for power on/off
AVG Display the average reading from power on to press this button.
MAX/MIN Change the MAX reading, MIN reading, and normal readings.
HOLD Press HOLD button, keep the present reading.
NEXT Enter to hand move area, choose 1~8 storage unit.
AREA Hand move input the area of CFF and CFM mode.
UNIT Units change button, ft/min, km/h, MPH, knots, CFM, CMM.
- MAX/MIN temperature mode
- Temperature display
- Air volume reading
- Air velocity reading
- Reading hold
- Average reading
- F/C units
- Velocity units
- MIN/MAX reading working
- MAX velocity mode
- MIN velocity mode
Connect Velocity Sensor
- The vane plug is inserted in the meter’s sensor jack at the top of the The plug and jack are keyed so that the plug can only fit in the jack one way.
- If the vane is not connected to the meter or if the sensor is defective, the LCD display will indicate OL in place of a Temperature reading.
- Press the On/Off switch to start.
- Press (UNIT) key to select the wind speed measurement units.
- Place the sensor in flowing air. Ensure that the air is in the direction indicated by the arrow leaves.
- You can determine the direction of the wind through the flags, kites or small cloth.
- Hold fan or fix on a tripod so the wind will blow from the back forward.
- Wait for about four seconds to get the correct reading more stable value.
- Please keep the angle of fan and direction of the wind within 20 degrees.
Air Volume Measurement (CMM/CFM)
- Press the ON/OFF button to power-on.
- Press (UNIT) key to select CMM (cubic meters per minute) or CFM
- (Cubic feet per minute) mode. Press and hold the AREA button for about two seconds until the buzzer sounds twice. Four 1 will appear at the bottom and the leftmost one will blink.
- Use (UNIT) button to change the flashing number. Press the HOLD button to skip to the next digit. Press the (NEXT) button to go to the next store data set, followed by pressing the NEXT button to complete all of the settings. Then press AREA button for about two seconds (and a buzzer will sound twice) to save and return to CFM or CMM.
- Put the fan sensor in air stream as the picture shows below to ensure that the air is in the direction of the arrow and the inflow angle, the larger LCD display air flow value and temperature value. The instrument can be used to store frequently-used size, can remember the 16 storage units at any time.
Battery Replacement and Precautions
When the battery low voltage symbol appears on the LCD, replace
the batteries according to the following steps:
- Press the power switch, turn off the power
- Remove the battery cover screws and remove the battery cover
- Remove the old battery and replace the new one
- Lock the battery cover
Useful Equations and Conversions
Unit of Measure Conversion Table