GAOTek Optical Fiber Identifier with Multi Adapter (Signal Indicator) is an essential fiber installation and maintenance instrument. By inserting fiber into its adapter head, it can identify Single Mode optical fibers without any damage by detecting the optical signals being transmitted through them, thus avoiding the opening of the fiber at the splice point for identification and interrupting the service. This instrument allows relative core power display and identifies the 270 Hz, 1 kHz and 2 kHz frequency tone. When used to detect frequency, the continuously audible tone could be heard. Four types of adapter heads are available: Ø0.25, Ø0.9, Ø2.0 and Ø3.0.
- Portable and compact in size
- Multi adapter, easily replacable
- Powered by two 1.5 V AAA batteries
- Efficiently identifies the traffic direction and frequency tone (CW, 270 Hz, 1 KHz, 2 KHz) without any damage to the fibers.
- Core Power display of the fibers (-30 dBm to +5 dBm)
- Low bending loss and high efficient output
- Easy to replace adaptors (Ø 0.25, Ø 0.9, Ø 2.0, Ø 3.0 to satisfy various optical cables)
- Continuous working time of more than 4 hours
- Communication signal indicator: direction indicator light + non continuous buzzing + signal strength indicator light
- Contrast light signal indicator: direction indicator light + frequency indicator light + continuous buzzing + signal strength indicator light
- Used to test bare fiber, tight tube optical fiber, optical fiber jumper
|Identification Wavelength range||800 nm – 1700 nm|
|Sensitivity||-28 dBm (@1550 nm, bare fiber)|
|Identification Signal Type||CW, 270 Hz ± 5 %, 1 KHz ± 5 %, 2 KHz ± 5 %|
|Detector Model||InGaAs (photosensitive interface: 1 mm, 2PCS)|
|Insert loss (1550 nm)||Φ250 μm: 1.0 dB
Φ900 μm: 0. 5 dB
Φ3 mm: 0. 5 dB
|Signal Direction||Left and Right LED indicator|
|Optical Power Reading||-40 dBm to +5 dBm|
|Signal Frequency||270 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz|
|Power Supply||Two 1.5 V AAA batteries|
|Operating Temperature||14 °F to 122 °F (-10 ℃ to +50 ℃)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 °F to 158 °F (-20 ℃ to +70 ℃)|
|Continuous Working Time||>4 hours|
|Weight||0.46 lbs (210 g)|
- Clamp and keep the fiber in a suitable location.
- Clamp Push Button
- Push the button up and press downward to fix the adapter head.
- Press the button again to loosen the adapter head.
- LED illuminator
- Select the appropriate adaptor head according to the different types of fiber
- Insert the fiber to the adapter head when using the Ø 2.0 and Ø 3.0 connectors
- Insert the fiber to the groove on the clamp when using the Ø 900 and Ø 250 connectors
2. Clamp and loosen
- Insert the fiber into the adapter head and then push the “clamp pushing button” up to clamp the fiber and test it
- Push forward slightly to loosen the adapter head
- Push up the “clamp pushing button” to turn on the unit
- Loosen the “clamp pushing button” to turn off the unit
4. Optical Fiber Identification
- Insert the fiber to the adapter head and push the button up to lock clamp.
- When optical signal passes the fiber, the LED illuminator will indicate the traffic’s direction with intermittently audible tone and the relative core power will be also displayed in digital format.
- If no optical signal passes the fiber, the LED illuminator is dead and the “LO” will be displayed in the relative core power position.
- Fiber identifier can also detect the presence of 2 KHz, 1 KHz and 270 Hz modulated tone with the continuously audible tone.
- The fiber should be put in the groove according to the specific type.
- Use the cotton swabs to clean the detector surface regularly to keep it from dust.
- Take out the battery when it is not in use for a period of time.
- Optical Fiber Identifier – 1unit
- Adaptor Heads – 4pcs
- Battery (AAA, transportation permit) – 2pcs
- User Manual – 1pc
- Portable Bag – 1pc
- Quality certificate – 1 pc