This 10 Gigabit 1550nm SFP+ Transceiver is used with single mode optical fiber and with or without CDR (Clock data recovery) to reach up to 24.85 miles (40km) transmission distance. This SFP+ (enhanced small form-factor pluggable) Transceiver has an EML (Externally Modulated Laser) type transmitter, a PIN type receiver and Preamplifier in a high-integrated optical sub-assembly. It provides a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring functions .It complies SFF-8431, SFF-8472 and RoHS compliant.
- 1550nm EML transmitter and PIN receiver.
- Up to 24.85 miles (40km) transmission
- Single 3.3V power supply
- Compliant with SFP+ MSA with LC connector
- Metal enclosure, for lower EMI
- management specifications compliant with SFF 8472
- Hot-pluggable SFP+ footprint
- Commercial Case operating temperature range from 32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
- Industrial Case operating temperature range from -40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
- Without CDR or with CDR supported 9.95 to 11.3Gb/s reference-free
- Low power dissipation：1.4W power dissipation without CDR for Industrial temperature1.5W power dissipation with CDR for Industrial temperature
- 1.3W power dissipation with CDR for Commercial temperature
- 1.2W power dissipation without CDR for Commercial temperature.
|Protocol||2-Wire Serial communication Protocol|
|Working Range||Up to 24.85 miles (40km)|
|Memory||256-byte memory map in EEPROM|
|Standards||SFF-8431 and SFF-8472.
|Fiber Optic Cable||9/125um|
|Transmitter output optical Power||-1 dBm to +3 dBm|
|Receiver Sensitivity||-16 dBm|
|Receiver Input Saturation Power||0 dBm|
|Transmitter Input Differential Impedance||100Ω|
|Dimensions||2.3in x 0.54in x 0.49in (L 58.4mm x W13.7mm x H 12.6mm)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95%|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to 85°C)|
Case Operating Temperature
|Commercial||32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
|Industrial||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)|
Ideal to be used on applications such as
- 10G SONET/SDH, OTU2/2e
- 10GBASE-ER/EW & 10G Ethernet
|Product ID||Media||Wavelength||Transmission Distance||Temperature Range||With/Without CDR||Supply Current|
|GAO-SFPP-106||Single-mode fiber||1550nm||24.85miles (40km)||Commercial
32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
|GAO-SFPP-106A||Single-mode fiber||1550nm||24.85miles (40km)||Industrial
-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
|GAO-SFPP-106B||Single mode fiber||1550nm||24.85miles (40km)||Commercial
32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
|GAO-SFPP-106C||Single-mode fiber||1550nm||24.85miles (40km)||Industrial
-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
- Measured with conformance test signal for PRBS 231 -1 and BER<10-12 with data rate 10.3125Gb/s, Optical source with worst ER, Wavelength between 1530nm and 1565nm:
PRBS31 test pattern represents a pseudorandom binary sequence with a repetition period of 231 -1. The sequence is defined in IEEE STD 802.3.ae
BER<10-12 test represents bit error rate testing provides a measurable and useful indication of the performance of the system
Optical source with worst ER (extended Reach)
NRZ – non-return-to-zero
- Receiver Sensitivity is measured using operation temperature range, without air flow
- 20 – 80 % Measured with Module Compliance Test Board and OMA test pattern.
Digital Diagnostics Functions:
- GAOTekGAO-SFPP-106 series transceivers support the 2-wire serial communication protocol as defined in the SFP MSA1.
- Additionally, GAOTek SFP+ Transceivers provide a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface which allows real-time access to device operating parameters such as transmitter optical power, receiver optical power, transceiver temperature, transceiver supply voltage and laser bias current. It defines an alarm system and warning flags, which alerts the end users when particular operating parameters are outside of a factory set normal range.
- Standard SFP+ Serial id provides access to identification information that describes the transceiver’s capabilities, standard interfaces, manufacturer and other information.
- SFP+ MSA defines a 256-byte memory map in EEPROM that is accessible over a 2 wire serial interface at the 8 bit address 1010000X (A0h).
- The operating and diagnostics information is monitored and reported by a Digital Diagnostics Transceiver Controller (DDTC) inside the transceiver, which is accessed through a 2-wire serial interface. The memories are organized as a series of 8-bit data words that can be addressed individually or sequentially.
|Input Differential Impedance||Rin||100||Ω|
|Single ended data input swing||Vin, pp||180||700||mV|
|Transmit Disable Voltage||VD||2.0||Vcc||V|
|Transmit Enable Voltage||VEN||Vee||Vee+ 0.8||V|
|Transmit Disable Assert Time||10||us|
|Differential data output swing||Vout,pp||400||800||mV|
|Data output rise time||tr||28||ps|
|Data output fall time||tf||28||ps|
|LOS output high level||VLOS-H||2.0||VccHOST||V||1|
|LOS output Low level||VLOS-L||Vee||Vee+0.8||V||1|
|Power Supply Rejection||PSR||100||mVpp|
- Loss of Signal is LVTTL. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; logic 1 indicates no signal detected.
|Average launched Power||PO||-1||+3||dBm|
|Optical Extinction Ratio||ER||8.2||dB|
|Spectral Band Width(-20dB)||σ||1.0||nm|
|Output Eye Mask||IEEE 802.3ae requirements|
|Side-mode Supression ratio||SMSR||30||dB|
|Transmitter OFF Output Power||POff||-30||dBm|
|Transmitter and Dispersion Penalty||TDP||2.0||dB|
|Input Saturation Power (Overload)||Psat||0||dBm|
|LOS De -Assert||LOSD||-17||dBm|
- Launched power (avg.) is power coupled into a single mode fiber with master connector. (Before of Life).
PIN Out Diagram:
|1||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with Receiver Ground)||1|
|4||SDA||2-wire Serial Interface Data Line||4|
|5||SCL||2-wire Serial Interface Clock Line||4|
|6||MOD_ABS||Module Absent. Grounded within the module||5|
|8||LOS||Loss of Signal indication. Logic 0 indicates normal operation||6|
|9||RS1||Internally connect to circuit ground||1|
|10||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|11||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|12||RD-||Receiver Inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|13||RD+||Receiver Non-inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|14||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with transmitter Ground)||1|
|15||VCCR||Receiver power Supply|
|16||VCCT||Transmitter Power supply|
|17||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with receiver Ground)||1|
|18||TD+||Transmitter Non-Inverted DATA in. AC Coupled.|
|19||TD-||Transmitter Inverted DATA in.AC Coupled.|
- Circuit ground is internally isolated from ground.
- TFault is an LVTTL output.
- High output indicates a transmitter fault caused by either the TX bias current or the TX output power or the laser temperature exceeding the preset alarm thresholds.
- Low output indicates normal operation. In the low state output is pulled to <0.8V
- Laser output disabled when it is open or TDis > 2.0V, enabled on TDis < 0.8V.
- Should be pulled up with 4.7k – 10 k ohms on host board to a typical 3.3V voltage.
- MOD_ABS pulls the line low to indicate the module is plugged in.
- Loss of signal is open collector output.
- It should be pulled up with 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ on host board to a typical 3.3V voltage.
- Logic 0 indicates normal operation.
- Logic 1 indicates loss of signal.
HOST-Transceiver Interface Block Diagram:
|Laser Eye Safety||FDA 21CFR 1040.10, 1040.11 IEC/EN 60825-1,2||Class 1 laser product|
|Component Recognition||IEC/EN 60950, UL||Compatible with standards|
|ROHS||2002/95/EC||Compatible with standards|
|Electrostatic discharge(ESD）||IEC/EN 61000-4-2||Compatible with standards|
|EMC||EN61000-3||Compatible with standards|
|Electromagnetic Interference(EMI)||FCC Part 15 Class B EN 55022 Class B (CISPR 22A)||Compatible with standards|