This 4.25Gb/s 850nm SFP (Small form-factor pluggable) Transceiver is used with multi-mode optical fiber to reach up to 1.24 miles (≤2km) transmission distance. It also has a VSCEL (vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser) type transmitter, PIN type receiver, an LD (Laser Driver), a limiting amplifier and digital diagnostic monitor. It is compatible with 1x, 2x, 4x Fiber Channel with data rates 1.06Gb/s, 2.125Gb/s and 4.25Gb/s. This SFP Transceiver is a Class 1 laser safety product which complies with US FDA regulations, SFF-8472 and RoHS standards.
- Up to 1.24 miles (≤2km) transmission distance.
- Up to 4.25Gb/s data links.
- 850nm VSCEL transmitter and PIN Photo-detector.
- Unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface.
- Duplex LC connector.
- Electrical interface compliant to SFF-8431
- Metal enclosure, for lower EMI.
- Single +3.3V power supply
- Compliant with SFF-8472
- Commercial case operating temperature range: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
- Extended case operating temperature range: 14°F to 176°F (-10°C to +80°C)
- Industrial case operating temperature range: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to +85°C)
|Protocol||2-Wire Serial communication Protocol|
|Working Range||Up to 1.24 miles (≤2km)|
|Memory||256-byte memory map in EEPROM|
|Standards||SFF-8472, SFF-8431 and SFP MSA.
Class 1 laser safety
|Fiber Optic Cable||50/125um multi-mode|
|Digital Diagnostics Monitoring||Enabled|
|Transmitter output optical Power||-9 dBm to -2.5 dBm|
|Receiver Sensitivity||Data rate at 1.06Gb/s||-20 dBm|
|Data rate at 2.125Gb/s||-18 dBm|
|Data rate at 4.25Gb/s||-16 dBm|
|Receiver Input Saturation Power||0 dBm|
|Transmitter Differential Line Input Impedance||100Ω|
|Dimensions||2.3in x 0.54in x 0.33in (L 58.4mm x W13.7mm x H 8.5mm)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% Non-condensing
5% to 70% (Recommended)
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to 85°C)|
Case Operating Temperature
|Commercial||32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)|
|Extended||14°F to 176°F (-10°C to +80°C)|
|Industrial||-40°F to 185°F (-40°C to +85°C)|
Ideal to be used on applications such as
- 4xFC at 4.25Gbps
- 2xFC at 2.125 Gbps
- 1xFC at 1.0625Gbps
- 1000 Base-LX Ethernet
|Product ID||Data rate(Gb/s)||Media||Wavelength||Transmission Distance||Temperature Range||Supply Current|
|4.25||Multi-mode fiber||850nm||1.24 miles (≤2km)||Commercial
32°F to 158°F
(0°C to +70°C)
|4.25||Multi -mode fiber||850nm||1.24 miles (≤2km)||Extended
14°F to 176°F
(-10°C to +80°C)
|4.25||Multi -mode fiber||850nm||1.24 miles (≤2km)||Industrial
-40°F to 185°F
(-40°C to +85°C)
Digital Diagnostics Functions:
- GAOTek GAO-SFP-115 transceiver support the 2-wire serial communication protocol as defined in the SFP MSA1.
- Additionally, GAOTek SFP Transceivers provide a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface which allows real-time access to device operating parameters such as transmitter optical power, receiver optical power, transceiver temperature, transceiver supply voltage and laser bias current. It defines an alarm system and warning flags, which alerts the end users when particular operating parameters are outside of a factory set normal range.
- Standard SFP Serial id provides access to identification information that describes the transceiver’s capabilities, standard interfaces, manufacturer and other information.
- SFP MSA defines a 256-byte memory map in EEPROM that is accessible over a 2 wire serial interface at the 8 bit address 1010000X (A0h).
- The operating and diagnostics information is monitored and reported by a Digital Diagnostics Transceiver Controller (DDTC) inside the transceiver, which is accessed through a 2-wire serial interface. The memories are organized as a series of 8-bit data words that can be addressed individually or sequentially
Electrical interface characteristics:
|Input Differential Impedance||Rin||100||Ω||1|
|Single ended data input swing||Vin, pp||180||600||mV|
|Transmit Disable Voltage||VD||Vcc–1.3||Vcc||V|
|Transmit Enable Voltage||VEN||Vee||Vee+ 0.8||V||2|
|Transmit Disable Assert Time||10||us|
|Differential data output swing||Vout,pp||300||850||mV||3|
|Data output rise time||tr||28||ps||4|
|Data output fall time||tf||28||ps||4|
|LOS Fault||VLOS fault||Vcc–1.3||VccHOST||V||5|
|LOS Normal||VLOS norm||Vee||Vee+0.8||V||5|
|Power Supply Rejection||PSR||100||mVpp||6|
- Connected directly to TX data input pins. AC coupled thereafter.
- Or open circuit.
- Into 100 ohms differential termination.
- 20 – 80 % Measured with Module Compliance Test Board and OMA test pattern.
- Loss of Signal is LVTTL.
- Logic 0 indicates normal operation.
- Logic 1 indicates no signal detected.
- Receiver sensitivity is compliant with power supply sinusoidal modulation of 20 Hz to 1.5 MHz up to specified value applied through the recommended power supply filtering network.
|Output Optical Power||POUT||-9||-2.5||dBm|
|Optical Extinction Ratio||ER||6||dB|
|RMS Spectral Width||σ||0.85||nm|
|Transmitter Jitter(peak to peak)||FC-PI-4 requirements|
|Receiver Sensitivity @ 1.06Gb/s||RSENS1||– 20.0||dBm|
|Receiver Sensitivity @ 2.125Gb/s||RSENS2||– 18.0||dBm|
|Receiver Sensitivity @ 4.25Gb/s||RSENS3||– 16.0||dBm||1|
|Input Saturation Power (Overload)||Psat||0||dBm||1|
|LOS De -Assert||LOSD||-17||dBm|
- With worst-case extinction ratio. Measured with a PRBS 27-1 test pattern, BER<10-12
Pin out of Connector Block on Host Board:
|1||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with Receiver Ground)||1|
|4||SDA||2-wire Serial Interface Data Line||4|
|5||SCL||2-wire Serial Interface Clock Line||4|
|6||MOD_ABS||Module Absent. Grounded within the module||5|
Open or Low = Module supports 1.25 Gb/s
High = Module supports 4.25 Gb/s
|8||LOS||Loss of Signal indication. Logic 0 indicates normal operation||7|
|9||RS1||No connection required||1|
|10||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|11||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|12||RD-||Receiver Inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|13||RD+||Receiver Non-inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|14||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with transmitter Ground)||1|
|15||VCCR||Receiver power Supply|
|16||VCCT||Transmitter Power supply|
|17||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with receiver Ground)||1|
|18||TD+||Transmitter Non-Inverted DATA in. AC Coupled.|
|19||TD-||Transmitter Inverted DATA in.AC Coupled.|
- Circuit ground is internally isolated from ground.
- TFault is an open collector or drain output.
- It should be pulled up with a 4.7k -10k ohms resistor on the host board if intended for use.
- Pull up voltage should be between 2.0V to Vcc +0.3V.
- High output indicates a transmitter fault caused by either the TX bias current or the TX output power exceeding the preset alarm thresholds.
- Low output indicates normal operation. In the low state output is pulled to <0.8V
- Laser output disabled when it is open or TDis > 2.0V, enabled on TDis < 0.8V.
- Should be pulled up with 4.7kΩ to 10kΩ on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.6V.
- MOD_ABS pulls the line low to indicate the module is plugged in.
- Transceiver data rate is selected through the 2- wire bus in accordance with SFF-8472.
- RS0 is set at Bit3, Byte 110, and Address A2h.
- Default state of RS0 is LOW (‘0’) and the state is reset following a power cycle.
- HIGH (‘1’) selects the maximum data rate operation.
- Transceiver data rate is selected using the Logic OR operation. Either the RS0 Pin or RS0 bit is high then the selected rate is 4.25 Gb/s.
- Loss of signal is LVTTL.
- It should be pulled up with 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.46V.
- Logic 0 indicates normal operation.
- Logic 1 indicates loss of signal.
Host – Transceiver Interface Block Diagram:
|Laser Eye Safety||FDA 21CFR 1040.10, 1040.11 IEC/EN 60825-1,2||Class 1 laser product|
|Component Recognition||IEC/EN 60950, UL||Compatible with standards|
|ROHS||2002/95/EC||Compatible with standards|
|Electrostatic discharge(ESD）||IEC/EN 61000-4-2||Compatible with standards|
|EMC||EN61000-3||Compatible with standards|
|Electromagnetic Interference(EMI)||FCC Part 15 Class B EN 55022 Class B (CISPR 22A)||Compatible with standards|