This 6.25 Gigabit 1310nm SFP+ Transceiver is used with single mode optical fiber to reach up to 6.21 miles (10km) transmission distance. It has a DFB type transmitter and a PIN type receiver. This SFP+ (enhanced small form-factor pluggable) transceiver is a Class 1 Laser safety product comply with US FDA regulations.
- 1310nm DFB Transmitter
- Up to 6.21 miles (10km) transmission distance
- 2-wire serial communication protocol
- Management specifications compliant with SFF 8472
- Unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface
- PIN photo-detector
- Case operating temperature range from 32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
- Electrical interface compliant to SFF- 8431
- Single 3.3V power supply
- Class 1 Laser Safety per FDA/CDRH and IEC-825-1 regulations.
|Protocol||2-Wire Serial communication Protocol|
|Working Range||Up to 6.21 miles (10km)|
|Memory||256-byte memory map in EEPROM|
|Standards||SFF-8472 and SFF- 8431.
Class 1 Laser Safety per FDA/CDRH and IEC-825-1 regulations.
|Transmitter output optical Power||-6.5dBm to 0.5dBm|
|Receiver Input Saturation Power||0.5dBm|
|Transmitter Input Differential Impedance||100Ω|
|Dimensions||2.3in x 0.54in x 0.49in (L 58.4mm x W13.7mm x H 12.6mm)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95%|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to 85°C)|
|Case Operating Temperature||32 °F to 158 °F (0 °C to 70 °C)|
Ideal to be used on applications such as
- Custom high-speed data pipes
- High-speed storage area networks
- LTE optical repeater application
- Computer cluster cross-connect
|Product ID||Media||Wavelength||Transmission Distance||Temperature Range||Supply Current|
|GAO-SFPP-101||Single-mode fiber||1310nm||6.21miles(10km)||32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)||360 mA|
- Measured with a PRBS 231 -1 and BER<10-12 @ data rate 6.25Gb/s:
PRBS31 test pattern represents a pseudorandom binary sequence with a repetition period of 231 -1. The sequence is defined in IEEE STD 802.3.ae
BER<10-12 test represents bit error rate testing provides a measurable and useful indication of the performance of the system
- 20 – 80 % Measured with Module Compliance Test Board and OMA test pattern.
Digital Diagnostics Functions:
- GAOTekGAO-SFPP-101 transceiver support the 2-wire serial communication protocol as defined in the SFP MSA1.
- Additionally, GAOTek SFP+ Transceivers provide a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface which allows real-time access to device operating parameters such as transmitter optical power, receiver optical power, transceiver temperature, transceiver supply voltage and laser bias current. It defines an alarm system and warning flags, which alerts the end users when particular operating parameters are outside of a factory set normal range.
- Standard SFP+ Serial id provides access to identification information that describes the transceiver’s capabilities, standard interfaces, manufacturer and other information.
- SFP+ MSA defines a 256-byte memory map in EEPROM that is accessible over a 2 wire serial interface at the 8 bit address 1010000X (A0h).
- The operating and diagnostics information is monitored and reported by a Digital Diagnostics Transceiver Controller (DDTC) inside the transceiver, which is accessed through a 2-wire serial interface. The memories are organized as a series of 8-bit data words that can be addressed individually or sequentially
|Input Differential Impedance||Rin||100||Ω|
|Single ended data input swing||Vin, pp||180||600||mV|
|Transmit Disable Voltage||VD||Vcc–1.3||Vcc||V|
|Transmit Enable Voltage||VEN||Vee||Vee+ 0.8||V|
|Transmit Disable Assert Time||10||us|
|Differential data output swing||Vout,pp||300||850||mV|
|Data output rise time||tr||28||ps|
|Data output fall time||tf||28||ps|
|LOS Fault||VLOS fault||Vcc–1.3||VccHOST||V||1|
|LOS Normal||VLOS norm||Vee||Vee+0.8||V||1|
|Power Supply Rejection||PSR||100||mVpp||2|
- Loss of Signal is LVTTL. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; logic 1 indicates no signal detected.
- Receiver sensitivity is compliant with power supply sinusoidal modulation of 20 Hz to 1.5 MHz up to specified value applied through the recommended power supply filtering network.
|Output Optical Power||POUT||-6.5||0.5||dBm|
|Optical Extinction Ratio||ER||3.5||6||dB|
|RMS Spectral Width||σ||1||nm|
|Transmitter and Dispersion Penalty||TDP||2||dB|
|Transmitter Jitter(peak to peak)||IEEE 802.3ae requirements|
|Side-mode Supression ratio||SSRmin||30||dB|
|Input Saturation Power (Overload)||Psat||0.5||dBm|
|LOS De -Assert||LOSD||-16||dBm|
PIN out Diagram:
|1||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with Receiver Ground)||1|
|4||SDA||2-wire Serial Interface Data Line||4|
|5||SCL||2-wire Serial Interface Clock Line||4|
|6||MOD_ABS||Module Absent. Grounded within the module||5|
Open or Low = Module supports 1.25 Gb/s
High = Module supports 6.25 Gb/s
|8||LOS||Loss of Signal indication. Logic 0 indicates normal operation||7|
|9||RS1||No connection required||1|
|10||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|11||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|12||RD-||Receiver Inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|13||RD+||Receiver Non-inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|14||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with transmitter Ground)||1|
|15||VCCR||Receiver power Supply|
|16||VCCT||Transmitter Power supply|
|17||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with receiver Ground)||1|
|18||TD+||Transmitter Non-Inverted DATA in. AC Coupled.|
|19||TD-||Transmitter Inverted DATA in.AC Coupled.|
- Circuit ground is internally isolated from ground.
- TFault is an open collector or drain output.
- It should be pulled up with a 4.7k -10k ohms resistor on the host board if intended for use.
- Pull up voltage should be between 2.0V to Vcc +0.3V.
- High output indicates a transmitter fault caused by either the TX bias current or the TX output power exceeding the preset alarm thresholds.
- Low output indicates normal operation. In the low state output is pulled to <0.8V
- Laser output disabled when it is open or TDis > 2.0V, enabled on TDis < 0.8V.
- Should be pulled up with 4.7kΩ to 10kΩ on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.6V.
- MOD_ABS pulls the line low to indicate the module is plugged in.
- Transceiver data rate is selected through the 2- wire bus in accordance with SFF-8472.
- RS0 is set at Bit3, Byte 110, and Address A2h.
- Default state of RS0 is LOW (‘0’) and the state is reset following a power cycle.
- HIGH (‘1’) selects the maximum data rate operation.
- Transceiver data rate is selected using the Logic OR operation. Either the RS0 Pin or RS0 bit is high then the selected rate is 6.25 Gb/s.
- Loss of signal is LVTTL.
- It should be pulled up with 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ on host board to a voltage between 2.0V and 3.46V.
- Logic 0 indicates normal operation.
- Logic 1 indicates loss of signal.
Improved Pluggable form factor specification Comply to SFF-8432
HOST-Transceiver Interface Block Diagram:
|Laser Eye Safety||FDA 21CFR 1040.10, 1040.11 IEC/EN 60825-1,2||Class 1 laser product|
|Component Recognition||IEC/EN 60950, UL||Compatible with standards|
|ROHS||2002/95/EC||Compatible with standards|
|Electrostatic discharge(ESD）||IEC/EN 61000-4-2||Compatible with standards|
|EMC||EN61000-3||Compatible with standards|
|Electromagnetic Interference(EMI)||FCC Part 15 Class B EN 55022 Class B (CISPR 22A)||Compatible with standards|