GAOTek Gigabit Ethernet Tester Module for 1G and 10G Packet is designed for installation and maintenance of Metro/Carrier Ethernet and IP services. It supplies a compact test solution for 1G and 10G packet Ethernet, including ITU-T Y.1564 standard for SLA and OAM test features.
This test module functions with an intelligent network modular test platform. The test platform combines powerful function, flexible, convenience, fast and high-efficient advantages. It is an excellent tool for network experts deploying and maintaining metro, access and FTTx multilayer networks.
1G and 10 Gigabit Ethernet Test Module (GAO-ENET-103-A)
- 10Gbit/s data stream in maximum;
- Network configuration testing and performance testing per standard ITU-T Y.1564.
- RFC2544 and Y.1564 Bidirectional testing.
- Perform throughput, latency, frame loss, and back-to-back measurements per industry-standard RFC2544;
- Dual 10G Base-X test interfaces;
- Dual 10/100/1000M Base-T and 100/1000M Base-X dual media test interfaces;
- IEEE802.3ah, IEEE802.1ag, ITU-T Y.1731, and ITU-T G.8113.1 OAM support (Coming Soon);
- Ethernet BER and loopback test from layer 1 layer 2, layer 3, and layer 4 with or without VLAN and MPLS tags
- Generate up to 512 traffic flows with different MAC address, VLAN tags, MPLS, IP address, TCP/UDP, payload, and bandwidth.
- Traffic scan according with MAC, IP, VLAN, MPLS label, and so on.
- Service disruption test.
- IPv4 and IPv6 traffic generation.
- MAC and VLAN flooding.
- Service disruption test.
- Smart loop mode for layer 1, layer 2, layer 3, and layer 4.
Intelligent Network Test Platform (GAO-ENET-103-B)
- Compact and lightweight designed.
- Graphical user interface, easy to operate.
- 6.5 inches outdoor-enhanced LCD colour touch screen.
- Ultra-high capacity field-exchangeable Li-ion battery pack extends testing time.
- Powerful modular intelligent network test platform.
- Dial, number keys and function keys for flexible scrolling and selecting.
- Remote control by PC using 10/100 M Base-T port.
- Installation and maintenance for Metro/Carrier Ethernet and IP Services.
- Maintenance of access and FTTx multilayer networks
- RFC2544 Test
- BERT Test
- OAM Test (Coming Soon)
- Y.1564 Test
- Multi-Stream Test
- Network Configuration Test
- Performance Test
|General Specifications for GAO-ENET-103-A & GAO-ENET-103-B|
|Screen||6.5 Inch TFT Touch Screen (640 x 480)|
|USB||USB2.0, A type, 2
USB2.0 Mini B type, 1
|Ethernet||Ethernet 10/100, RJ45|
|Audio||3.5 mm Audio Interface|
|Temperature||Operating: 14 °F to 122 °F (-10 °C to 50 °C)
Storage: -40 °F to 178 °F (-40 °C to 70 °C)
|Relative Humidity||0% to 95% (non-condensing)|
|Size (H×W×D)||Network Test Platform: 12.56 in x 7.95 in x 4.13 in (319 mm x 202 mm x 105 mm)
Gigabit Ethernet Test Module: 0.98 in x 3.82 in x 10.19 in (25 mm x 97 mm x 259 mm)
|Weight||Network Test Platform: 6.17 lbs. (2.8 kg)
Gigabit Ethernet Test Module: 0.88 lbs. (0.4 kg)
|Vibrancy||< 1.5g at 10 Hz to 500 Hz (on 3 main axes)|
|Mechanical Shock||< 760 mm on 6 sides, 8 edges, according to GR-196-CORE|
|Battery and Power Supply|
|Battery||Rechargeable Li-Ion batteries
Working time: 4 hours (typical for 10G Ethernet test)
Charging time: 6 hours (typical: 25 °C)
|Power Source||Input: 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 2 A
Output: 19 V DC, 4 A
|Technical Specifications of GAO-ENET-103-A|
User selectable optical module: 850nm, 1310nm, 1550nm.
|Ethernet Feature||Auto negotiation, flow control|
|Encapsulation||Ethernet type II, IEEE802.3 with 802.2, IEEE802.3 with SNAP|
|Configuration, Monitoring, and Generation|
|Multi stream||Number of streams: up to 512 streams per port can be activated|
|Error Injection||FCS, IP check sum error, UDP/TCP check sum Error, bit error, BER test sequence error|
|Alarm generation||No link|
|Result, Monitoring and Generation|
|Performance Statistics||Utilization, throughput, frame rate|
|Frame Distribution Statistics||Total valid/frames, <64, 64-127, 128-511, 512-1023, 1024-1518, >1518.|
|Multi stream||Display information per steam:
|Transmit Statistics||Total frames, unicast/multicast/broadcast|
|Filter||Filter condition support:
|BER Test and Service Disruption Test|
|Error Injection||FCS, IP check sum error, UDP/TCP check sum error, BIT error, BER test sequence error|
|Service Disruption Test||Service disruption test activated as part of BER test:
|Service Activation Test (Y.1564)|
|Service Activation Test||ITU-T Y.1564 service activation test:
|Service Configuration Test||
|Service Performance Test||
|Remote Smart Loopback Test|
|Remote Smart Loopback||
|Advanced IP Tools|
|PING||For connectivity and configuration check:
|Trace Route||Trace IP route over IP network:
Information per hop: PING time, number of ping timeouts.
|VCT Cable Test||Use for CAT5 cable connectivity check:
|Flow Control||Flow control time, us:
|Use for FTP server and client emulation:
• Support IPv4 and URL
• File upload/download
• Result: pass/fail indication, upload/download time display
|Advance/fast PING, PING segments of the IP one by one in one time:
|Number of MPLS Header||Up to 3 MPLS header set by user|
|Parameter per MPLS Header||User defined label, Exp and TLL fields in each MPLS header:
|Statistics||MPLS frame count|
|Ethernet OAM (Coming Soon)|
|Messages||Generate and receive following OAM messages:
|Statistics||Number of each message generated/received|
|Ethernet Frame Capture|
|Capture Buffer Size||
|Capture Frame Slicing||Can capture frame length by user defined.|
|Capture Data||CAP format for display in Wireshark.|
|GAO-ENET-103-A||· Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet test module
· Dual 10G Base-X optical interfaces
· Dual 10/100/1000M Base-T electrical interfaces
· Dual 1000M Base-X optical interfaces
· Layer 1 to Layer 4 BERT test
· Up to 16 streams generation and analysis with MAC/VLAN/IP/TCP/UDP
· RFC2544 standard test with Throughput, Latency, Frame Loss, Back-to-Back and Jitter
· Layer 1 to Layer 4 loopback and smart loopback test
· Enable to drop data packet under loopback mode
· Up to 10G streams generation with 3 Layer VLAN
· Ping, Trace Route, FTP Download/Upload, and HTTP tools
· Ethernet service disruption test
· Packet capture and analysis to 10G rate
· Enable to generate frame with increment, decrement, random length
· Enable to generate data streams with increment, decrement, random MAC, IP, VLAN, MPLS, and Port Number
· Bi-directional test
· Layer 1 bandwidth statistics
· Remote control by PC
|GAO-ENET-103-B||Test platform, support SDH, OTN, Ethernet, Packet Ethernet, OTDR test modules||1|
|Accessories||LC/PC to LC/PC full-duplex single-mode fiber (3 m)||1|
|CAT5 cable (3 m)||1|
|10G 1310nm 10Km LC SFP + optical modules||2|
|SFP/SFP+ optical port dust proof cap – black – rubber||2|
|RJ45 electrical port dust proof cap – black – rubber||2|
|3 pins adapter cable||1|
|GAO-ENET-103-B 100-240V input and 19V output AC/DC power adapter||1|
|GAO-ENET-103-B disc include user manual and remote control software||1|
|Factory Test Report||1|
|One Year Warranty Service||1|
|Optional Software (1G and 10G)|
|1||IEEE802.3ah standard access OAM test|
|2||Y.1564 standard service configuration and performance test for SLA QoS with CIR/EIR/Traffic Dropped for 10GE|
|3||Bi-directional Y.1564 test|
|4||RFC6349 TCP throughput test features|
|5||IPv6 feature, the test interface can set IPv6 address and also can generate stream with IPv6|
|6||Traffic scan according with destination MAC/IP, source MAC/IP, 3 Layer VLAN, 3 Layer MPLS in-service test.|
|7||Advance/Fast PING, PING segments of the IP one by one in one time|
|8||Up to 10G rates generation with 3 Layer MPLS label|
|9||ITU-T Y.1731 standard Ethernet OAM test|
|10||ITU-T G.8113.1 standard MPLS-TP OAM test|
|11||Up to 128 streams generation and analysis with MAC/VLAN/IP/TCP/UDP for 10G port|
|12||Up to 512 streams generation and analysis with MAC/VLAN/IP/TCP/UDP for 10G port|
|13||IEEE1588v2 PTP master and slave emulation, PTP message analysis, PTP wander analysis, Statistics of PTP message.|
|14||Advance auto-negotiation, can set the remote equipment auto-negotiation the speed and Duplex as you want.|
|15||Enhancement RFC2544 test, support different upstream and downstream rates setup for Throughput, Frame Loss and Back-to- Back test.|
|16||Dual 100M Base-X optical ports.|
|17||Sync-E master and slave emulation, G.8261 ESMC message generation and monitoring, ESMC Message capture and decode.|
|1||GAO-ENET-103-B Lithium polymer rechargeable battery|
|2||Two years extended warranty service|
Intelligent Network Test Platform Brief
GAO-ENET-103 fully meets RFC2544 standard, supports Throughput; Latency; Frame loss; and Back-to-Back test in metro network, and can be able to generate a complete test report.
Frame Loss Test
Ethernet BERT test adopts the similar principle of SDH BERT test. It is by transferring the Ethernet frames with special test code, then analyse these frames at the receiver to test the network.
GAO-ENET-103 supports to generate multiple data streams to test the forward ability of these service in Ethernet network. In addition, multiple data streams can be set as different priority.
OAM Test (Coming Soon):
OAM test supports IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1ag, ITU-T Y.1731, and ITU-T G.8113.1 OAM link and services protocol. It includes partner link detection, remote loopback, MIB retrieval, and link event notification. It also can check network connection, connection ring back; generate link trace messages, and analyse service level of OAM test application. ITU-T Y.1731 OAM message can practice frame loss performance verification. ITU-T G.8113.1 OAM message can verify the PTN network, and practice and the frame loss performance verification.
RFC2544 was the most popular standard for Ethernet test. However, it is specially designed for indoor network facilities test, not suitable for outdoor field test. Hence, ITU‐T Y.1564sam is particularly introduced for telecom operator to do Ethernet network service launch and fault diagnosis. Compared with RFC2544, it includes critical SLA standards such as packet jitter identification and QoS measurements, which could increase test speed promptly, save test time and resource, and optimises QoS.
Network Configuration Test
Network configuration test will conduct a test for every service to verify whether the service configuration is correct or not, and whether all specific KPI or SLA parameters have been satisfied.
When the configuration of every service has been checked, and verified successfully, GAO-ENET-103 will conduct a test for the quality of service simultaneously.