- High sensitivity probe for accurate measurement
- Features long and short probe head, each one suitable for different measurement situation.
- Simple to use and its compact structure makes it portable and convenient to carry
- Visually display of measurement value and state.
- Acceleration, velocity and displacement measurement.
- Different vibration frequency selection.
- Equipped with AC signal output interface.
- Low power indication.
- Auto power-off.
- LCD backlight.
|Vibration Pickup||Piezoelectric ceramic accelerometer (shear-type)|
|Acceleration Range||0.1 m/s2 ~199.9 m/s2 peak|
|Velocity Range||0.1 mm/s ~199.9 mm/s rms|
|Displacement Range||3.39 in – 0.079 in (0.001 mm~1.999 mm) p-p
Velocity and displacement range is limited by acceleration 199.9 m/s2
|Accuracy||± 5 % ±2 digits|
|Frequency Range of Acceleration||10 Hz ~ 1 KHz (LO) 1 KHz – 15 KHz (HI)|
|Frequency Range of Velocity||10 Hz ~ 1 KHz (LO)|
|Frequency Range of Displacement||10 Hz ~ 1 KHz (LO)|
|Displays Update Cycle||1 second|
|LCD||3 1/2 digits display|
|Single Output||AC output 2 V peak (display full scale)
Load impedance 10 K or more earphones can be connected
|Power Supply||9 V Alkaline battery|
|Static Current||≤ 20 µA|
|Operating Current||≤ 25 mA|
|Battery Life||20 hours continuous use|
|Auto Power-off||Turns off automatically in 60 seconds|
|LCD Backlight||7 seconds|
|Operating Temperature Range||32 °F ~ 104 °F (0 °C ~40 °C)|
|Operating Humidity Range||30 % ~ 90 % RH|
|Low Battery Indication||6.9 V ± 0.2 V|
|Dimension||2.64 in x 1.18 in x 7.20 in (67 mm x 30 mm x 183 mm)|
|Weight||0.40 lbs. (182 g) Including battery|
- Vibration meter – 1 pc
- 9 V Alkaline battery – 1 pc
- User’s manual – 1 pc
- Long probe – 1 pc
- Short probe (Equipped on the main unit) – 1 pc
Vibration Meter Description
- LCD screen
- Frequency selection key (only in acceleration measurement)
- Measurement mode (acceleration /velocity /displacement) selection key
- Power on and measurement key: Press once to turn on the unit, keep pressing during the measuring process, and release it to hold the data.
- Quick instruction label
- Battery door
- AC signal output jack
- Backlight indication, the backlight will be activated for 7 seconds upon the button operations.
- Measurement data
- HI High frequency
- 1 KHZ 1 KHz frequency
- LO Low frequency
- Battery mark shows battery power. Has following 5 levels:
Battery is sufficient
Battery is comparatively sufficient
Battery is nearly deficient
Battery is nearly exhausted, need replace a new one.
Battery is exhausted completely.
- m/s2 When taking measurement of acceleration, the 2 LCD displays the acceleration unit: m/s2.
- mm/s When taking measurement of velocity, the LCD displays the velocity unit: mm/s. When taking measurement of displacement, the LCD displays the displacement unit: mm.
Selection of Probe Tip
Probe tip is used in following 3 conditions. Please probe according to the actual condition:
- Measurement with short (S) probe tip: this probe tip is installed by factory default, adapts in wide scope vibration measurement, and obtains good response value, as shown in following figure:
- Measurement with long (L) probe tip: this probe tip is packed inside the carry box, mainly adapts in narrow objects or special objects field, the unit will respond quickly, as shown in following figure:
- Measurement without probe tip: adapts in smooth object surface measurement to get stable value, as shown in following figure:
- Grip tightly the unit body with your left hand; hold down the battery door with your right hand thumb to open it according to the arrow referring direction, as shown in following figure:
- Insert a 9 V battery into battery compartment, note the battery polarity, and then close the battery door, as shown in following figure:
- Turning On the Unit and Checking Battery
- Press the key to turn on the unit, as shown in following figure:
- After the entire screen displays for 1 second, the default state is acceleration mode, if on the LCD displays the symbol or , please promptly replace the battery, as shown in following figure:
Selection of Measurement Mode
- Press the key to select measurement mode, the default mode is acceleration mode, as shown in following figure:
- Press the key to enter velocity measurement mode, as shown in following figure:
- Press the key again to enter displacement measurement mode, as shown in following figure:
Select High/ Low Frequency
Press the key to select high frequency (HI) or low frequency (LO), as shown in following figure:
Note: High/low frequency selection is only available in acceleration measurement mode.
As per the to-be-measured and frequency of vibration structure select the corresponding measurement mode (Acceleration/ Velocity/ Displacement) and frequency (HI/LO frequency). Keep the “” key depressed with your right thumb, press the vibration meter against the measurement object at a force of 0.11 lb (500 g) to 2.20 lb (1 kg), the result is displayed on the LCD screen. Release the key and the result is held on the LCD screen, as shown in following figure:
When the key is pressed again, the current value will be canceled, and a new measurement can be performed.
- Using short Probe (S) can take measurement of vibration both in high (HI) and low (LO) frequency.
- Long Probe (L) is only suitable for low frequency measurement. When taking acceleration measurement, or when the frequency is over 1 KHZ, please replace the short probe.
- When switching acceleration (HI high frequency) measurement mode to velocity or displacement mode, the high frequency (HI) will be changed to low frequency (LO) automatically.
- Power turns off automatically in 60 seconds without any operation.
- The backlight will be turned off in 7 seconds without any operation.
Vibration Conversion Chart
Contact resonance in acceleration measurement (Worked with FFT signal analyzer)
- Replacement and upkeep of battery:
- After power on, if an icon appears on the LCD, you need to replace the battery immediately.
- Remove the battery from the unit if it is not required for extended periods of time in order to avoid damage to the battery compartment and the erosion resulting from a battery leakage.
- Do not store or use the unit in following circumstances:
- Splashes of water or high levels of dust.
- Air of high salt or sulphur content.
- Air mixed with other gases or contents.
- High temperature or humidity (above 122 °F or 50 °C, 90 %,) or direct sunlight.
- Do not disassemble the unit or attempt any internal alterations.
- Never use alcohol or diluents to clean the housing for doing that will especially erode the LCD surface; just clean the unit lightly as needed with little clean water.
- When taking measurements on exposed rotating parts or power train parts of the machinery proceed with utmost care to prevent accidents from happening.
- If the unit shakes excessively, the receiver may produce extremely high sound pressure that could hurt or damage the human ear, be careful while using the signal output plug.