This 10 Gigabit SFP+ DWDM Transceiver is used with single mode optical fiber and with or without CDR (Clock data recovery) to reach up to 49.72 miles (80km) transmission distance. This Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing enhanced small form-factor pluggable (SFP+ DWDM) transceiver has a DWDM EML type transmitter, an APD type receiver and a Preamplifier in a high-integrated optical sub-assembly .It provides a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface. It complies with SFF-8472, SFF-8431 and RoHS standards.
- DWDM EML transmitter and APD receiver.
- Up to 49.72 miles (80km) transmission distance.
- Single +3.3V power supply
- Compliant with SFP+ MSA with LC connector
- Metal enclosure, for lower EMI
- management specifications compliant with SFF 8472
- Hot-pluggable SFP+ footprint
- Commercial Case operating temperature range from 32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
- Industrial Case operating temperature range from -40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
- Without CDR or with CDR supported 9.95 to 11.3Gb/s reference-free
- Low power dissipation：1.6W power dissipation without CDR for Industrial temperature1.7W power dissipation with CDR for Industrial temperature
- 1.5W power dissipation with CDR for Commercial temperature
- 1.4W power dissipation without CDR for Commercial temperature
|Protocol||2-Wire Serial communication Protocol|
|Working Range||Up to 49.72 miles (80km)|
|Memory||256-byte memory map in EEPROM|
|Standards||SFP+ SFF-8431 and SFF-8472
|Wavelength||1528.77 ~ 1563.86nm|
|Fiber Optic Cable||9/125um|
|Transmitter output optical Power||-1 dBm to +4 dBm|
|Receiver Sensitivity||-23 dBm|
|Receiver Input Saturation Power||-6 dBm|
|Transmitter Input Differential Impedance||100Ω|
|Dimensions||2.3in x 0.54in x 0.49in (L 58.4mm x W13.7mm x H 12.6mm)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95%|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to 85°C)|
Case Operating Temperature
|Commercial||32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
|Industrial||-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
Ideal to be used on applications such as
- SDH STM64
|Product ID||Media||Wavelength||Transmission Distance||Temperature Range||With/Without CDR||Supply Current|
|GAO-SFPPDW-102||Single-mode fiber||Refer to Wavelength selection||49.72miles (80km)||Commercial
32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
|GAO-SFPPDW-102A||Single-mode fiber||Refer to Wavelength selection||49.72miles (80km)||Industrial
-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
|GAO-SFPPDW-102B||Single mode fiber||Refer to Wavelength selection||49.72miles (80km)||Commercial
32°F to 158°F (0°C to +70°C)
|GAO-SFPPDW-102C||Single-mode fiber||Refer to Wavelength selection||49.72miles (80km)||Industrial
-40 °F to 185 °F (-40°C to +85°C)
C-band λc Wavelength Guide Pin Descriptions
|Non-ITU||Peak wavelength between 1528.77nm-1563.86||C61||1528.77||196.10|
- Measured with conformance test signal for PRBS 231 -1 and BER<10-12 with data rate 10.3125Gb/s, Optical source with worst ER, Wavelength between 77nm and 1563.86nm:
PRBS31 test pattern represents a pseudorandom binary sequence with a repetition period of 231 -1. The sequence is defined in IEEE STD 802.3.ae
BER<10-12 test represents bit error rate testing provides a measurable and useful indication of the performance of the system.
Optical source with worst ER (extended Reach)
NRZ – non-return-to-zero
- Receiver Sensitivity is measured using operation temperature range, without air flow
- 20 – 80 % Measured with Module Compliance Test Board and OMA test pattern.
Digital Diagnostics Functions:
- GAOTek GAO-SFPPDW-102 series transceivers support the 2-wire serial communication protocol as defined in the SFP MSA1.
- Additionally, GAOTek SFP+ Transceivers provide a unique enhanced digital diagnostic monitoring interface which allows real-time access to device operating parameters such as transmitter optical power, receiver optical power, transceiver temperature, transceiver supply voltage and laser bias current. It defines an alarm system and warning flags, which alerts the end users when particular operating parameters are outside of a factory set normal range.
- Standard SFP+ Serial id provides access to identification information that describes the transceiver’s capabilities, standard interfaces, manufacturer and other information.
- SFP+ MSA defines a 256-byte memory map in EEPROM that is accessible over a 2 wire serial interface at the 8 bit address 1010000X (A0h).
- The operating and diagnostics information is monitored and reported by a Digital Diagnostics Transceiver Controller (DDTC) inside the transceiver, which is accessed through a 2-wire serial interface. The memories are organized as a series of 8-bit data words that can be addressed individually or sequentially
|Input Differential Impedance||Rin||100||Ω|
|Single ended data input swing||Vin, pp||180||700||mV|
|Transmit Disable Voltage||VD||2.0||Vcc||V|
|Transmit Enable Voltage||VEN||Vee||Vee+ 0.8||V|
|Transmit Disable Assert Time||10||us|
|Differential data output swing||Vout,pp||400||800||mV|
|Data output rise time||tr||28||ps|
|Data output fall time||tf||28||ps|
|LOS Fault||VLOS fault||2.0||VccHOST||V||1|
|LOS Normal||VLOS norm||Vee||Vee+0.8||V||1|
|Power Supply Rejection||PSR||100||mVpp||2|
- Loss of Signal is LVTTL. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; logic 1 indicates no signal detected.
- Receiver sensitivity is compliant with power supply sinusoidal modulation of 20 Hz to 1.5 MHz up to specified value applied through the recommended power supply filtering network.
|Average Launched Power||PO||-1||+4||dBm||1|
|Center Wavelength||λc||λc -0.1||λc +0.1||nm||2|
|Center Wavelength Spacing||100||GHz||2|
|Optical Extinction Ratio||ER||8.2||dB|
|Spectrum Band Width (-20dB)||σ||1||nm|
|Transmitter and Dispersion Penalty||TDP||3||dB|
|Output Eye Mask||IEEE 802.3ae requirements|
|Side-mode Supression ratio||SMSR||30||dB|
|Transmitter OFF Output Power||POff||-30||dBm|
|Input Saturation Power (Overload)||Psat||-6.0||dBm|
|LOS De -Assert||LOSD||-26||dBm|
|LOS Detect Hysteresis||0.5||dB|
- Launched power (avg.) is power coupled into a single mode fiber with master connector. (Before of Life).
- λc refer to wavelength selection and corresponds to approximately 0.8 nm.
PIN out Diagram:
|1||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with Receiver Ground)||1|
|4||SDA||2-wire Serial Interface Data Line||4|
|5||SCL||2-wire Serial Interface Clock Line||4|
|6||MOD_ABS||Module Absent. Grounded within the module||5|
|8||LOS||Loss of Signal indication. Logic 0 indicates normal operation||6|
|9||RS1||Internally connect to circuit ground|
|10||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|11||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with Transmitter Ground)||1|
|12||RD-||Receiver Inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|13||RD+||Receiver Non-inverted DATA out. AC coupled|
|14||VEER||Receiver Ground (Common with transmitter Ground)||1|
|15||VCCR||Receiver power Supply|
|16||VCCT||Transmitter Power supply|
|17||VEET||Transmitter Ground (Common with receiver Ground)||1|
|18||TD+||Transmitter Non-Inverted DATA in. AC Coupled.|
|19||TD-||Transmitter Inverted DATA in.AC Coupled.|
- Circuit ground is internally isolated from ground.
- TFault is an LVTTL output.
- High output indicates a transmitter fault caused by either the TX bias current or the TX output power or the laser temperature exceeding the preset alarm thresholds.
- Low output indicates normal operation. In the low state, output is pulled to <0.8V
- Laser output disabled when it is open or TDis > 2.0V, enabled on TDis < 0.8V.
- Should be pulled up with 4.7kΩ to 10kΩ on host board to a typical voltage 3.3V.
- MOD_ABS pulls the line low to indicate the module is plugged in.
- Loss of signal is open collector output.
- It should be pulled up with 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ on host board to a typical 3.3V voltage
- Logic 0 indicates normal operation.
- Logic 1 indicates loss of signal.
Improved Pluggable form factor specification Comply to SFF-8432
HOST-Transceiver Interface Block Diagram:
|Laser Eye Safety||FDA 21CFR 1040.10, 1040.11 IEC/EN 60825-1,2||Class 1 laser product|
|Component Recognition||IEC/EN 60950, UL||Compatible with standards|
|ROHS||2002/95/EC||Compatible with standards|
|Electrostatic discharge(ESD）||IEC/EN 61000-4-2||Compatible with standards|
|EMC||EN61000-3||Compatible with standards|
|Electromagnetic Interference(EMI)||FCC Part 15 Class B EN 55022 Class B (CISPR 22A)||Compatible with standards|